There are 327 users in the forums

How Do Younger Niner Fans Become Niner Faithful???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I am forty years old, I was watching the 81, 84, 88, 89 seasons on NFL Network and it made me wonder how fans in their teens or even twenties have become loyal fans.

my first (full) game that I watched was the 81 championship, since 11 years old I have never missed a game since. The 80s was a hell of a show, and was easy to grow to love this franchise. If i started watching this team after 1994, it wouldn't be so easy.

I am just curious to how the younger age demographics of those on this board is drawn to the Niners.

Is it the history (80s)?
Is it the team of the 90s?
Your family?
The Future?
I was drawn due to the history, and at the time present, in Rice, Steve Young, etc.....

And since 2006, I havent missed a game, thanks to Sunday Ticket.

even before then, I would go to bars with my dad and see most if not all games each yr. Now that I am 26 going on 27 I have no use to go to a bar when I can buy the Ticket from DirecTV for less than going to a bar where I would have to pay minimum, $40-50 bucks a week, just not worth it.

Plus don't have to deal with drunk idiots yelling at ya. Or being total morons.
I'm in your age group and was raised by loyal diehards so it was easy for me to be a fan. But you're right in that unless you are a local, it's hard trying to come up with reasons why one can be a Faithful.

The older members of this site were blessed in that we grew up watching the Dynasty Years and for the life of me, it's hard to fathom why the younger generations are Faithfuls.

Go figure.

by never showing them niner games with alex smith in it!
Assuming they became fans after the Garcia years, I'm gonna assume they probably started using the team in Madden
Originally posted by asyouwere:

We really gonna have to put with this, mods? Really?

21 post and you already made your point. Now please, stop.

I'm 17. My first year a "Die Hard" fan was 03. My Bro in Law was a huge fan and I got sucked in. I am probably the most Die Hard in my family now. Theres like 6 of us that are fans.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
I'm 17. My first year a "Die Hard" fan was 03. My Bro in Law was a huge fan and I got sucked in. I am probably the most Die Hard in my family now. Theres like 6 of us that are fans.

I have been through rough times since I became a fan....
Originally posted by NinerPain2010:
I am forty years old, I was watching the 81, 84, 88, 89 seasons on NFL Network and it made me wonder how fans in their teens or even twenties have become loyal fans.

my first (full) game that I watched was the 81 championship, since 11 years old I have never missed a game since. The 80s was a hell of a show, and was easy to grow to love this franchise. If i started watching this team after 1994, it wouldn't be so easy.

I am just curious to how the younger age demographics of those on this board is drawn to the Niners.

Is it the history (80s)?
Is it the team of the 90s?
Your family?
The Future?

Man, that is the first full game I watched too, and we are the same age.

I'm 20. My family has had season tickets since before I was born. I've going to all the home games since I was 2 as a lap baby. My first game was the 1992 NFC Championship Game . I've been faithful since birth basically because of my family having season tickets even though we live near Fresno.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Speak for yourself, it doesn't bother me one bit. He's expressing his opinion, just like everyone else on here. He just happens to be a man of few words...
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Speak for yourself, it doesn't bother me one bit. He's expressing his opinion, just like everyone else on here. He just happens to be a man of few words...

You haven't been here long enough. Been there, done that... Re-hash and all, just like my underwear.

Became a fan in the 5th game of the historically worst 2004 season.

haven't missed a game since. Never will.
I became a huge fan when I was 7. My Dad took me to my first 49er game in 1993. It was a home game against the Vikings we stomped them 38-19. Loved every minute of it, the atmosphere was great...good times.
Share 49ersWebzone