There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

'89 niners on NFL network now!

Enjoy
Best team ever!!!
Rathman was a beast! I wore 44 in pop warner because of him Truckin' fools
Always felt that was an overrated team and possibly the weakest to win a SB. Blowing out the Broncos, big deal. Everyone did. This team doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the 1999 Rams, who dominated powerful competition all year.
Originally posted by AlexIsClass:
Always felt that was an overrated team and possibly the weakest to win a SB. Blowing out the Broncos, big deal. Everyone did. This team doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the 1999 Rams, who dominated powerful competition all year.

SAy what?!? GTFO. 4 of the greatest player of all time were on this team.

The back-up qb on the 89 team was better than Warner by far....

[ Edited by b9er37 on Jun 20, 2011 at 17:34:06 ]

Wow dude really???
Originally posted by b9er37:

But 4 players do not make a team. That's what made the 85 Bears so great, they had chemistry and unity like no other. The 89 team may have had a few flashy names, but it didn't have the cohesiveness and role players needed to be truly great and dominant.

Plus, they played weak competition. The 99 Rams, as much as I hate them, had to go through one of the most difficult schedules imaginable.

You sir are on drugs. I think I smell a troll.

[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Jun 20, 2011 at 17:36:58 ]
The year after sucked, we were supposed to three-peat

But 4 players do not make a team. That's what made the 85 Bears so great, they had chemistry and unity like no other. The 89 team may have had a few flashy names, but it didn't have the cohesiveness and role players needed to be truly great and dominant.

Plus, they played weak competition. The 99 Rams, as much as I hate them, had to go through one of the most difficult schedules imaginable.

I'm not sure if you're just baiting on here, but the '89 team had a first year head coach yet still won the superbowl in epic fashon. They blew throught the playoffs and the number one ranked defence in the league.

Offensively this may have been the most complete and veteran of all the niner superbowl teams.

Defensively the team was way above average, and by far better than the 99 rams defense.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

If you guys haven't been following his posts so far, then I'll help confirm....

Your nose is working fine.
Ouch! they had to show the '90 championship game against the giants... I cried
Originally posted by oldman9er:

I smell baseless accusations.....

I'm not sure if you're just baiting on here, but the '89 team had a first year head coach yet still won the superbowl in epic fashon. They blew throught the playoffs and the number one ranked defence in the league.

Offensively this may have been the most complete and veteran of all the niner superbowl teams.

Defensively the team was way above average, and by far better than the 99 rams defense.

The defense was unbelievable. That team as a whole had three HOF locks, Roger Craig and the legendary 1986 draft class coming into its own. The combined post season point differential was 126-26 . . .

Great team!!!! Ranked #4 All-time by NFL.com
Originally posted by JeffGarciaHOF:
Originally posted by oldman9er:

I smell baseless accusations.....

Ooo . . tag team trolls?