There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cohn on Burress and the Niners

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Is Cohn really that bad? I dont pay attention to his articles much. I hope 190863 really isn't Cohn, because after reading all the hate posts the guy is probably suicidle.

LOL, I am depressed. My life will never be the same again.

So you are Cone?

You'll never know!
Originally posted by TDilvr:
So in summary: Cohn sucks.
If Burress didn't get slower from stabbing himself, then I wouldn't mind the move. Would like Sidney Rice better though
Originally posted by solidg2000:
If Burress didn't get slower from stabbing himself, then I wouldn't mind the move. Would like Sidney Rice better though

shooting...
Originally posted by 5280High:
Stopped at Cohn...
Originally posted by susweel:
Cohn and Kawakami are the some of the top journalist in the bay area.

But I dont think Burress has anything left.

Hard to say, the layoff can hurt a football players conditioning, but it may have helped him mature mentally and appreciate the game. The otherisde, whatever ailments he had has had a chance to recover.

Also depends what team picks him up, going to NE, Colts, Saints, Packers would help player and team. Niners no, he might get futless with a rebuilding team.
I'd have no problem giving Burress a shot...he's hungry to play again. His presence on the field would create some mismatch problems and should create some space for Crabtree, Morgan, et al. I'll bet Alex would love to throw to him...
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I'd have no problem giving Burress a shot...he's hungry to play again. His presence on the field would create some mismatch problems and should create some space for Crabtree, Morgan, et al. I'll bet Alex would love to throw to him...

Cosigned!
Why Burress? Why not trade a 1st and maybe a 2nd as well for Wes Welker? He's coming off a somewhat rough year with the Patriots but is still a Top 5 WR. And more importantly, he'd bring leadership, chemistry, and unity to a locker room that sorely needs it.

Heck, throw in Crabtree to get the deal done. :D
Cohn?
ill take buress all day long. morgan although i like him, keeps lettin us down, and crabtree has a T.O. complex without proving he can even sniff T.O.'s jockstrap! were already in a hole of uncertainty. got nothing to loose! i say give the lil gunslinger a chance!
Gore has that scouting swag.
Originally posted by susweel:
Cohn and Kawakami are the some of the top journalist in the bay area.

But I dont think Burress has anything left.

Originally posted by AlexIsClass:
Why Burress? Why not trade a 1st and maybe a 2nd as well for Wes Welker? He's coming off a somewhat rough year with the Patriots but is still a Top 5 WR. And more importantly, he'd bring leadership, chemistry, and unity to a locker room that sorely needs it.

Heck, throw in Crabtree to get the deal done. :D

Welker is a good WR but a 1st and 2nd, no way.

At any rate if Burress can be patient with someone like Alex then I have no problem signing him, especially if it don't cost us draft picks.