There are 267 users in the forums

Crabtree's Trade Value

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
It has been mentioned by some radio talk show hosts (specifically Skip Bayless on First Take) and some people on this forum.

What trade value do you think Crabtree would garner?
Do you think he should be retained?
Will Harbaugh and Company put up with him as he isn't their draftee?

So were going to trade CRABTREE for absolutely doing NOTHING WRONG? i KNOW many percieve him as this drama/diva!! but please tell me what he is doing wrong?

He isnt attending a voluntary player run practice.... WHY SHOULD HE? half of the NFL isnt even participating in any of these player practices... how bout we go and trade for Aaron Rodgers or Greg Jennings because they arent practicing!!!

COME ON NOW... Give the guy a break.

Seriously...guys there is no reason to even think about trading Crabtree, wtf are you guys smoking and where can I get some?

This. Why would we want to trade one of our most talented WRs. Also one who is entering only his third year. Not sure where this is coming from.

Wait! it may be due to everyone over thinking his participation in these work outs. Wait! he is there and learning with with his teammates but is not practicing with them Wait! he has discomfort in his feet but should participate anyway. Wait!! it's June not September.

[ Edited by dwett on Jun 9, 2011 at 16:03:07 ]
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Originally posted by FreddyG:
You know how you have friends that only come around when its good for them (fair-weather friends) thats kinda how I see Crabtree. If the situation here was great for him, Qb he likes, winning team, I bet he would be around more. Thats the person he is and thats who we are stuck with because a trade at this point is impossible.

He would be around more because the proven QB would actually know what he's talking about. Unlike the QB we have who doesn't have many personal stories of success to fallback on.

Crabtree trade value = 1st rounder
Smith = 4th-5th

We wouldnt trade him to begin with but theres no way in hell we would get a first for him....lol 2nd-4th is what we would get but like I said, a trade is IMPOSSIBLE!
stop it
You know how you have friends that only come around when its good for them (fair-weather friends) thats kinda how I see Crabtree. If the situation here was great for him, Qb he likes, winning team, I bet he would be around more. Thats the person he is and thats who we are stuck with because a trade at this point is impossible.

He would be around more because the proven QB would actually know what he's talking about. Unlike the QB we have who doesn't have many personal stories of success to fallback on.

Smith = 4th-5th

We wouldnt trade him to begin with but theres no way in hell we would get a first for him....lol 2nd-4th is what we would get but like I said, a trade is IMPOSSIBLE!

Why trade him he has a contract! 2 Years from now he may just be resigned, because of colin!
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

Smith = 4th-5th

Why trade him he has a contract! 2 Years from now he may just be resigned, because of colin!

He still has 4 years on his contract doesnt he?
Originally posted by superman49er:
stop it
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

Smith = 4th-5th

He still has 4 years on his contract doesnt he?

4 more yrs, from 2011-2014, and at reasonable numbers, he better though improve, and just come in in-shape, and ready to work his butt off, I mean just because he isnt being paid, doesnt mean he can blow off workouts, when guys like Justin Smith, Patrick Willis, Frank Gore are working out, and even FAs to be Alex and McDonald.

I just wanna see him boom this year and prove he is a #1 WR in this league, and if so, the pick will be a steal 5 yrs down the road.

So even though I have been critical of him, I still am a supporter and will root for him, so here's to having a great yr and go get them.
  • dj43
The kid has talent but will also be a great challenge for Harbaugh to get him to perform.

Right now he hasn't been worth more than a 3rd, but this is all silly talk. Too much summer heat.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He was a bad pick. But we are stuck with him now. He doesn't have much trade value. What has he done? His #'s aren't that great. He has an over inflated ego and lacks practice and work ethic.

Very exactly! ... if Crabtree is still ego but he has lacks for practice and never get 1,000 yards and dumb for loss game our team.. why his ego? it is very stupid! he is not smart anyway!

Originally posted by bayarealuv:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He was a bad pick. But we are stuck with him now. He doesn't have much trade value. What has he done? His #'s aren't that great. He has an over inflated ego and lacks practice and work ethic.

Very exactly! ... if Crabtree is still ego but he has lacks for practice and never get 1,000 yards and dumb for loss game our team.. why his ego? it is very stupid! he is not smart anyway!

this got bumped...pfft

He could have a very productive season, I'm sure he will have a solid season with Iupati and A. Davis coming in with a year of experience, the offensive line will make the team a lot more versatile.

but the key is Harbaugh, he will put Crabs in a position to make plays and get the most out of his talents , Jimmy Raye's boring RUN-RUN-PASS-PUNT offense is gone and replaced with a creative playcaller that will put points on the board .

Crabs was never properly used, and with the predictable offense and Gore getting the majority of the touches, the offense was the most boring and predictable 49ers offense I have ever seen take the field, and that includes Jim Hostlers offense.

So lets hope Harbaugh uses ALL of the weapons at his disposal and mixes things up...c'mon we have V.Davis, Gore, Morgan, Walker, Dixon, Hunter, Ginn AND Crabtree ...there shouldnt be anymore excuses, thats a lot more talent on offense than a lot of teams in the NFL have on their roster
Share 49ersWebzone