There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

we may still sign a veteran QB

Don't rule out the idea of San Francisco attempting to acquire a veteran quarterback, even if Smith is re-signed. Making a move for Palmer or McNabb would probably instill immediate confidence in the current players. Having a legitimate competition for the starting job could also bring out the best in everyone -- especially Smith.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81fe4812/article/dont-knock-it-smith-back-in-san-fran-makes-sense-for-both



This would be the best thing for the team to do if we ever have cba in place. Bring in as much competition and let the best man win and if Alex wins the competition then more power to him.

Also its good to have a back up that can come and perform should Alex fail (and he probably will fail).
first of all wyche isnt the sharpest knife in the drawer

2nd thats just a speculation its his guess
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
first of all wyche isnt the sharpest knife in the drawer

2nd thats just a speculation its his guess

ah yah thats why the title says we MAY sign a veteran QB..
I'd be cool if they got McNabb to compete, but not Palmer. He's not going to be a fa and that would cost too much in draft picks.
mcnabb supposedly wouldnt wear a wrist band last year because it would tarnish his image....
not happening.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
not happening.
Originally posted by susweel:
Don't rule out the idea of San Francisco attempting to acquire a veteran quarterback, even if Smith is re-signed. Making a move for Palmer or McNabb would probably instill immediate confidence in the current players. Having a legitimate competition for the starting job could also bring out the best in everyone -- especially Smith.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81fe4812/article/dont-knock-it-smith-back-in-san-fran-makes-sense-for-both



This would be the best thing for the team to do if we ever have cba in place. Bring in as much competition and let the best man win and if Alex wins the competition then more power to him.

Also its good to have a back up that can come and perform should Alex fail (and he probably will fail).

Hope so...
We already have one signed.

Originally posted by susweel:
Don't rule out the idea of San Francisco attempting to acquire a veteran quarterback, even if Smith is re-signed. Making a move for Palmer or McNabb would probably instill immediate confidence in the current players. Having a legitimate competition for the starting job could also bring out the best in everyone -- especially Smith.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81fe4812/article/dont-knock-it-smith-back-in-san-fran-makes-sense-for-both



This would be the best thing for the team to do if we ever have cba in place. Bring in as much competition and let the best man win and if Alex wins the competition then more power to him.

Also its good to have a back up that can come and perform should Alex fail (and he probably will fail).

Yorks will never spend the money.
No need for another QB. We have the Bust! Boy,is 2011 going to be a boring season if the lockout ends..
We won't.
Originally posted by fakers23:
No need for another QB. We have the Bust! Boy,is 2011 going to be a boring season if the lockout ends..

good thing no one is forcing you to watch
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
first of all wyche isnt the sharpest knife in the drawer

2nd thats just a speculation its his guess

ah yah thats why the title says we MAY sign a veteran QB..



speculation or not, he'll get booooo vs the cryboys after the 2nd interception. hopefully we'll sign McNabb or some other veteran, cause Alex wont finish the season....
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,689
Originally posted by hofer36:
mcnabb supposedly wouldnt wear a wrist band last year because it would tarnish his image....

McNabb is a bit of a drama queen.
[ Edited by mayo49 on May 19, 2011 at 12:44 AM ]