LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

Fortenbaugh (NFP) on the importance of pass-rushers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I agree that having a good pass rusher or two is very important to a team's success. However, teams should never bypass better players on the board in order to select at a position of need.

I just don't see Smith being the 7th best player in this draft, and while I think he will be an asset to this team, I think many are making the mistake of throwing out names like Ware and Haley when projecting his productivity and impact on the team.

It depends on how you view his potential and compare what he did as a freshman and sophomore compared to what others have done as a freshman or sophomore
In 2009 we were tied for 3rd in the NFL in sacks. Manny Lawson was our top sacker with 6.5 lol.

NFL.com sack stats
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on May 17, 2011 at 12:36 PM ]
Well I think it's very important, being that if we had pass rushers in a few games last season, we would of easily won the division.

I agree, but i thought like most say in here, that it's more the importance of a star QB that can carry the team on his back at all times. Not anything with the Defense.

maybe some of us are a little wrong.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
In 2009 we were tied for 3rd in the NFL in sacks. Manny Lawson was our top sacker with 6.5 lol.

NFL.com sack stats

Yeah we still didn't get consistent pressure on the qb - a lot of our sacks came in a few games
Share 49ersWebzone