There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Chance Colin Kaepernick plays this season

Chance Colin Kaepernick plays this season

• EdEs
  • Veteran
I know the current lockout is going to prevent him from getting a decent shot at being the clear cut #1 choice on the depth chart but Alex has had difficulty staying healthy pretty much every year except his 2nd year he has lost some weeks due to injury. I would love to hear your thoughts on this subject.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
since Alex will be boooed and benched by week 5, CK will start week 6....
Originally posted by fly15:

A predictable comment from you.

More sensibly, limited exposure in garbage time to get the feel of the NFL.

A lot depends on who the 3rd qb is.
ZERO.

And there is already a thread like this I believe.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think Alex would have to fall flat in his face for Kaep to get on the field this year.

[ Edited by mayo49 on May 7, 2011 at 08:27:18 ]
None of the above. But I think there's a fair chance he'll play in a game or two due to injury.
As eager as I am to see Colin play, I only want him on the field if he is ready. I'd hate to see him do a face dive after getting thrown to the wolves like other rookies have i.e. Alex Smith.
Little by little in specific situations. As confidence and performance grows so will playing time.
If Alex signs for only one season and we're not in the playoff hunt, then I could see Colin starting in the 12-16 area.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
ZERO.

And there is already a thread like this I believe.

I can't believe we're already talking about him starting when he hasn't taken a dang step on the field yet. I love Kaep, but I know full well he is simply NOT ready to start.

These threads are basically Colin vs. Alex threads. Waste of time. Let it sort itself out. I mean, for fricks sake, at least let's see him in the pre-season first.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
I'm not an Alex Smith die hard but this guy has shown improvement over the last two years. He was a 60 percent passer but was 3-7 as a starter last year, but we lost to Atlanta and New Orleans because the Defense was not able to get to the Qb. Also lost the Carolina game when smith got hurt.

So if Alex continues to make improvement then we will just see Kaepernick in situations like 3rd and goal line.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=154479
Originally posted by fly15:
You may remember that Montana began his NFL career playing in goal line situations. One memorable occasion was DeBerg's amplification headset supposedly malfunctioning in the red zone. He ran off the field, Montana came in. Niners scored.

Bringing Montana in when the offense had a high probabilty to score was Bill Walsh's idea to instill or raise Joe's confidence. Seems to have worked, or at least didn't hurt.