LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

How many sacks will Aldon Smith have in his rookie season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How many sacks will Aldon Smith have in his rookie season?

2.5 to 3
Much hinges on Manny in free agency, and whether the team wants to keep Brooks and LaBoy.

I'll say he gets five sacks this year.

P.S. This poll is faulty. The numbers should be 1-5, and 6-10, since 1-5 and 5-10 overlap on the number 5.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Much hinges on Manny in free agency, and whether the team wants to keep Brooks and LaBoy.

P.S. This poll is faulty. The numbers should be 1-5, and 6-10, since 1-5 and 5-10 overlap on the number 5.

I appreciate your concern but I was aware of this from the beginning. I was not looking for an exact science but more of just a general range of how many sacks he will acquire. Plus 1-5 and 6-10 looks awkward compared to 1-5 and 5-10 because one range includes 5 sacks while the other only 4 sacks.
i think he will have 10 at least cuz our DC will lett him lose , not bring him slowly !
Originally posted by cNiner:
i think he will have 10 at least cuz our DC will lett him lose , not bring him slowly !

One can only hope, right? When you get a new toy for Christmas, you don't go back and play with Woody. You go play with your new Buzz Lightyear, damn it!
I say 5 if they play this year.
Ald. Smith 6.5 sacks (M.Lawson will begin the season as weakside then after the 4th games move to strongside linebacker.)

C.Kaepernick 1 pass TD 3 rush TD (becomes primary bakup to Alex Smith ahead of J.Johnson.)

K.Hunter 457 rush yards 4 TD (F. Gore is still the workhorse and K. Hunter surpasses A.Dixon on the depth chart.)

C.Culliver 3 INT 44 Tackles (takes T.Brown place as nickel back)

R.Johnson 254 yards 1 TD (takes D.Zeigler place on roster and pairs well with K.Willams)

J.Collins 42 ST Tackles (Special Team standout)

Also i think T.Gibson takes A.Brooks or P.Haralson place on the roster and get 4 sacks as a role player.
[ Edited by MisterBuDDha on May 12, 2011 at 6:33 PM ]
I'll say from 5-10.
1-5 in a shortened 2 game season
Originally posted by goodthings19:

I appreciate your concern but I was aware of this from the beginning. I was not looking for an exact science but more of just a general range of how many sacks he will acquire. Plus 1-5 and 6-10 looks awkward compared to 1-5 and 5-10 because one range includes 5 sacks while the other only 4 sacks.

1 -- 2 -- 3 -- 4 -- 5 = 5
6 -- 7 -- 8 -- 9 -- 10 = 5

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by goodthings19:

1 -- 2 -- 3 -- 4 -- 5 = 5
6 -- 7 -- 8 -- 9 -- 10 = 5
Ya to be honest its not that big of a deal. I think people get the point. Like I mentioned before I was just providing a general range for people to choose from. Try not to over think it guys.
If he gets 5, I will be happy.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
anything between 6-8 I would consider a great season from a rookie.
Share 49ersWebzone