There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many sacks will Aldon Smith have in his rookie season?

How many sacks will Aldon Smith have in his rookie season?

Originally posted by susweel:

Nice work LOL edited Dec.20th lol
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
What's the Rookie record again? 49er record?

Already broke it, it was 12 set by charles haley in '86.

Correct...he broke Haleys rookie record and I think the Niner record is 17 or 17.5 by Fred Dean. 13 ain't bad for a "reach".

...and I confirmed Dean as well. 17.5.
Originally posted by Chief:
All time rookie sack record, Aldon needs 2 sacks to hold the honors.

1 Jevon Kearse 14.5
2 Aldon Smith 13.0
2 Dwight Freeney 13.0

This week he breaks the record.
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by susweel:

Nice work LOL edited Dec.20th lol

haha finally somebody caught on to it. Good job
All time rookie sack record, Aldon needs 2 sacks to hold the honors.

1 Jevon Kearse 14.5
2 Aldon Smith 13.0
2 Dwight Freeney 13.0

This week he breaks the record.

No doubt he knows how close he is and will be hungry.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Ok, I did some digging and this is what I found out:

Here are the guys ahead of Aldon on the 49ers all-time single season sack list.

13 - This is where is currently is tied with Dwaine Board(1983) for 6th all-time.

14 - No 49er has ever had 14 sacks in a season. Aldon would have this mark all to himself and the 5th spot all-time.

15 - If Aldon gets 15 then he would tie Dana Stubblefield(1997) and Chris Doleman(1998) for 4th all-time.

16 - At 16 he would match the great Charles Haley(1990) for 3rd all-time.

17 - Should this mark be obtained he would equal Tim Harris(1992) and Fred Dean(1983) for 1st all-time.

18 - Finally if he reaches this number he will have the record all to himself. He needs 5 sacks to get there, so this should be an interesting sub-plot the rest of the season.

http://www.fantasyfootballchallenge.com/39-28-10/san-francisco-49ers-single-season-sack-leaders.html

Here is a great article with some great superlitives from Steve and Trent on Aldon. I take more stock in what Steve had to say because he is usually slow to praise while Trent is much more effusive with his. Oh and they also lay out the 49ers sackmasters ahead of Aldon. Not to toot my own horn, but I posted the same with my research yesterday, so I beat the Chronicle ha ha. Oh here are the qotes from Steve and Trent.

Steve - "Aldon Smith is as good as Charles Haley as a young player," Young said. "He tricks your eye, he's so quick. I think that's why he's going to be an all-time defensive end."

Trent -There's nothing not to like. He has every trait you want in a pass rusher: He gets skinny in the hole, great acceleration, long arms, leverage, eyes, you name it.

"This will be the most dominant pass rusher in football in the next few years."

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2011/12/21/big-hopes-and-sacks-for-49ers-rookie-aldon-smith/
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Dec 21, 2011 at 11:12 PM ]
I had high hopes for Aldon Smith but to be within just one sack of the 15-20 category of this poll is amazing. Aldon Smith has been fun to watch. The guy is a serious threat to be the all time leader in sacks for San Francisco. For years people will count Aldon among the NFL elite
sack artists.
he should get 1 sack agaisnt rams so ill say 15
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Actually I think its 14.5 by Kearse.

EDIT: just confirmed, he had 14.5......and never again got close to that number.

hopefully history doesn't repeat itself with aldon.
with the lambs' o-line, yea he's breaking the record
AT least 20. Right MD?