LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

How many sacks will Aldon Smith have in his rookie season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How many sacks will Aldon Smith have in his rookie season?

It would be nice to see 3 sacks in Seattle and 4-5 in St. Louis. I am very happy for Aldon and for us.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Why didnt they give him 4.5 sacks last night he had more than just 2.5 I saw 5 total sacks plus the one taken away from penalty that means at least 4.5 WTF
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Eleventy billion

winner
Originally posted by valrod33:

Looks like he has some sackin to do
  • Chief
  • Veteran
All time rookie sack record, Aldon needs 2 sacks to hold the honors.

1 Jevon Kearse 14.5
2 Aldon Smith 13.0
2 Dwight Freeney 13.0
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Eleventy billion

winner
Sounds about right
What a f**king beast! When the pick happened, I couldn't remember the last time I was so pissed off about a pick...This front office sure does their homework on players. He has the potential to become the best player from this draft class.

AND, he had one of the best sack celebrations I've ever seen (when he sprinted to his sideline, sat down, and took off his helmet).

Ok, I did some digging and this is what I found out:

Here are the guys ahead of Aldon on the 49ers all-time single season sack list.

13 - This is where is currently is tied with Dwaine Board(1983) for 6th all-time.

14 - No 49er has ever had 14 sacks in a season. Aldon would have this mark all to himself and the 5th spot all-time.

15 - If Aldon gets 15 then he would tie Dana Stubblefield(1997) and Chris Doleman(1998) for 4th all-time.

16 - At 16 he would match the great Charles Haley(1990) for 3rd all-time.

17 - Should this mark be obtained he would equal Tim Harris(1992) and Fred Dean(1983) for 1st all-time.

18 - Finally if he reaches this number he will have the record all to himself. He needs 5 sacks to get there, so this should be an interesting sub-plot the rest of the season.

http://www.fantasyfootballchallenge.com/39-28-10/san-francisco-49ers-single-season-sack-leaders.html
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Dec 20, 2011 at 2:53 PM ]
I freaking love this KID. He is only a puppy right now and will bigger,faster and stronger. Ladies we have our Pass Rusher.
My man "99 Problems" is gunning for that Kearse record and I think he will get it.

• Chico
  • Veteran
this kid is going to be a stud for years to come...he will break 20 next year!
aldon smith = single season sack record @ 3.5 mil per year
albert haynesworth = single season snack record @ 14 mil per year
  • Garce
  • Veteran
f**k off manny lawson
Originally posted by Garcia:
f**k off manny lawson

lol do not miss, even though I thought we would
i miss manny lawson he got pressure on the qb (not sacks though) and was great at covering TE

a lot of TE has burned us this year
Share 49ersWebzone