LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

How many sacks will Aldon Smith have in his rookie season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How many sacks will Aldon Smith have in his rookie season?

The best part is his versatility; lining up next to Brooks yesterday, moved to inside DT and then back out at RDE/OLB. The more pressure he gets the more it opens up everyone esp. Justin Smith, Bowman inside and Brooks and McDonald...can run more S/CB blitzes off him as well. But overall, he helps to allow the secondary and LBers to play more physical in coverage and take chances and generate TO's. Keep it up rook!
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 10, 2011 at 10:04 AM ]
what's the rookie record? Just wondering if he has a chance to break it
Fun to go back and read through the whole thread!
He is looking like he is headed for double digit sacks after a slow start. Whereever he ends up, I will be satisfied that Baalke made him our 1st round pick. This guy is turning out to be a beast.
Is there any other defensive rookies out there that are playing good? Does aldon have a shot at DROY?
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Is there any other defensive rookies out there that are playing good? Does aldon have a shot at DROY?

Von Miller is playing similarly.He has 5 sacks, but has recently been removed from the Broncos base defense b/c he needs more time to hone in on the mental aspect of playing. Now he'll be in the same role as Aldon, rushing the passer off the bench.
Originally posted by Snider8706:

Its possible.

Sacks are a sexy stat and are considered important for a defense.

If he gets into or near double digits in sacks, he will be considered for sure. Especially since the sacks are contributing to a winning team so far.

Von Miller has 5 sacks already and 2 forced fumbles. But he is on a crap team and actually starts, as opposed to Aldon who comes in on passing situations mostly thus far.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Oct 10, 2011 at 10:11 AM ]
3.5 in 5 games with 5 games VS. NFC West foes left. My guess is he will be close to 10 give or take. Thats assuming he satys as a nickle pass rusher. Keeping him fresh for passing downs should help that number. He is the best DE we have in a 4 man front, I hope we don't rush starting him at OLB.
i say 8.5 sacks for the year
Originally posted by HessianDud:
all of them

Originally posted by socalniner:

To answer my own question, it's 14.5 by Kearse.

To answer my own question, it's 14.5 by Kearse.

Suggs had 13. I'd be happy with 8 thats half a sack a game. But i like this pick more every day.
A metric crap ton, not the standard English Imperial crap ton or the slightly smaller American Crap ton, but a massive metric crap ton!
How is Smith doing it? Is his play affecting the rest of the pass rush? Is he helping Brooks or is he helping J. Smith? How is Harolson doing? How is Smith getting his sacks? Is he getting them by moves, persistance, beating the tackles, or guards? Is he dominating or is he just consistently in the right place at the right time? If he doesn't get the sack is he disrupting the flow of the offense?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by goodthings19:
"At the risk of going overboard after a few days of training camp, Aldon Smith looks dominant. Just put 250-lb FB Moran Norris on his back."
- @mattbarrows 8/3/11 4:11 p.m.

I predict he'll be our first double digit passrusher since A.Carter his rookie year.

BTW, anyone hear any news on Robert Quinn?

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Aug 4, 2011 at 07:21:46 ]

This thread is worthy......And some of you need to eat some crow
Share 49ersWebzone