Originally posted by goodthings19:Originally posted by mcbaes72:
About 8 sacks or more should put him in the running for ROTY. From reports I've read, he's really impressive in camp which is exciting to hear that he's knocking down passes and pressuring the QB. But at the same time, it worries me that starters like LT Staley has trouble blocking him. In any case, sounds like we may finally have the pass rusher we've been looking for!
Ya but from a glass is half full perspective J. Staley will get alot better practicing against a beast like Aldon Smith.
I hope you're right. To cover the "glass is half empty" POV, Staley played several years in the NFL and should already have experience, he needs more practice against a rookie shows he's not quite an elite LT like we're hoping he'd be.
Anyway, I hope Staley and Aldon both benefit from practicing against each other and both improve because of it.