There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many sacks will Aldon Smith have in his rookie season?

How many sacks will Aldon Smith have in his rookie season?

Originally posted by goodthings19:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
About 8 sacks or more should put him in the running for ROTY. From reports I've read, he's really impressive in camp which is exciting to hear that he's knocking down passes and pressuring the QB. But at the same time, it worries me that starters like LT Staley has trouble blocking him. In any case, sounds like we may finally have the pass rusher we've been looking for!

Ya but from a glass is half full perspective J. Staley will get alot better practicing against a beast like Aldon Smith.

I hope you're right. To cover the "glass is half empty" POV, Staley played several years in the NFL and should already have experience, he needs more practice against a rookie shows he's not quite an elite LT like we're hoping he'd be.

Anyway, I hope Staley and Aldon both benefit from practicing against each other and both improve because of it.
Originally posted by goodthings19:
About 8 sacks or more should put him in the running for ROTY. From reports I've read, he's really impressive in camp which is exciting to hear that he's knocking down passes and pressuring the QB. But at the same time, it worries me that starters like LT Staley has trouble blocking him. In any case, sounds like we may finally have the pass rusher we've been looking for!

Ya but from a glass is half full perspective J. Staley will get alot better practicing against a beast like Aldon Smith.

I hope you're right. To cover the "glass is half empty" POV, Staley played several years in the NFL and should already have experience, he needs more practice against a rookie shows he's not quite an elite LT like we're hoping he'd be.

Anyway, I hope Staley and Aldon both benefit from practicing against each other and both improve because of it.

Gonna be rusty coming off a broken leg, just ask Aldon
7 sacks

Smith Looks like a Defensive Vernon...if that rings true its on!
2.5 sacks
minimum of 8 maximum of 15.
7 sacks and a forced fumble.
"... Aldon Smith has looked impressive the last two days. In addition to being physical vs. the run, he batted down a pass in O v. D drills."
- @mattbarrows 8/3/11 5:30 p.m.
Game on gentlemen, game on.
Originally posted by BIGDOGG42:
7 sacks

Smith Looks like a Defensive Vernon...if that rings true its on!

If that rings true, he won't excell for 3-4 years

And that's just the first game!

• mike
  • Veteran
Demarcus ware had 8 his rookie season. If he beats that...Well he'd definitely have bragging rights lol.

I think just matching 8 would be amazing his first year, especially with the short offseason/no minicamps. He'll jump into the double digits in his 2nd year.

[ Edited by mike on Aug 4, 2011 at 11:26:54 ]
9.5 mark it
DROY
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
DROY

Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home