LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Thread for people on the fence

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It really bothers me how so many armchair QBs seem to think that if we did not get the precise players we wanted, that somehow it is our GM's fault.

Sometimes, you just don't get what you want.

Why didn't we trade back in the first round? Because nobody wanted to trade up with us. Why didn't we get some of the players you wanted us to get? Because they were not available when we picked.

It's easy to say, "We should have..." But it takes (at least) two to tango.

However, a quality GM maneuvers so that the team, still gets good quality players.

Don't assume that this is a "wait and see" draft. I suspect Harbaugh, Fangio, Roman and Seely will get the most out of these players, and that you'll see some of them on the field this year (if the season ever actually starts, that is).
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
ahhhhhhhhhh, the off season. Full of hope and optimism. Truth is, only time will tell. Kapernick could be the next Ken Dorsey. Hunter could be the next Glenn Coffee, Aldon Smith could be the next Kentwan Balmer for all we know. I'm keeping my panties dry at the moment but hoping for the best.

And Kap could also be the next Steve Young, Hunter could turn out to be Ricky Watters, and Aldon Smith could become Charles Haley...

That WILL cause the panties to get wet.

[ Edited by pelos21 on May 1, 2011 at 21:52:11 ]
Edit

[ Edited by pelos21 on May 1, 2011 at 21:51:41 ]
This draft was awesome cause it pissed everybody off. Almost every draft class fans love usually turn out to be the worst.
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
It really bothers me how so many armchair QBs seem to think that if we did not get the precise players we wanted, that somehow it is our GM's fault.

Why didn't we trade back in the first round? Because nobody wanted to trade up with us. Why didn't we get some of the players you wanted us to get? Because they were not available when we picked.

It's easy to say, "We should have..." But it takes (at least) two to tango.

However, a quality GM maneuvers so that the team, still gets good quality players.

Don't assume that this is a "wait and see" draft. I suspect Harbaugh, Fangio, Roman and Seely will get the most out of these players, and that you'll see some of them on the field this year (if the season ever actually starts, that is).

See I'm on the fence with this draft, don't love it or hate it. The idea of this thread is to create a clean safe well lighted place to have an open honest dialog about the pros and cons of this draft class, without having to get pigeon holed into one camp or another.
Originally posted by travisdecpn:
Intelligent thought makes for a boring webzone...

That's boring
Share 49ersWebzone