No ddude Alex Smith will be Joe Montana
Kaepernick = Steve Young

Alex Smith = Jamarcus Russel

Even you cannot possibly believe that.

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by fakers23:
Playoffs? Alex couldn't manage 4 wins last year and you think were going to the playoffs?

I don't understand where the blind faith comes from. Even though the average zoner is 30, they seem to have the memory of someone 95. Every year they get their hopes up, rip on the people that say 8-8 is the ceiling, and then start making excuses why the team can't make the play-offs in the weak NFC, but claim the next year will be different. Facts, we have a rookie head coach, Alex Smith year 7, and our running back coming off injury and middle aged. The secondary is suspect, new playbook and shortened off season, etc,etc. This team is much more likely to be 6-10 than 10-6.

I'll just be negative and pissy and hate my team then. Alex Smith sucks! Frank Gore doesn't have anything left! Michael Crabtree is a diva. VD has bad hands. Dont sign Dashon. Taylor Mays is a bust.

That's why I watch the game. Just to watch my team lose... Cause as long as Alex is playing horrible I am happy. That's what sports are about! Screw sticking up for your team and being hopeful. ZOners and these so called FAITHFUL(my ass our fanbase sucks!!!!!!!!!!!) know what they are talking about. Hell they spend more time whacking each other off, and arguing around here that maybe they should spend this time and go to College (like I am) to become a coach and change something myself.

Nahh lets just not get our hopes up. That is wrong to have hope!!!

It is pointless to hope for Alex Smith to perform well because he has never showed us anything to have faith in. Number 1 overall draft pick, 7yrs later... We are still fighting to win in the weakest division in the NFL. If it wasn't for this lockout, we wouldn't even be talking about Alex Smith in Ninertalk right now bc he would not be resigned. Only reason he is still hanging around is bc Harbaugh and Baalke can't make any other moves.

I wouldn't be surprised if Alex stinks it up in 2011 as the starter and makes Harbaugh look like a fool who doesn't know what the he'll he's doing. That's just what he does... He makes coaches and offensive coordinators look horrible. Martz went on to Chicago and had their offense tearing sh*t up. Nolan went on to Miami and made them a top 5 defense in the league.
Playoffs? Alex couldn't manage 4 wins last year and you think were going to the playoffs?

I don't understand where the blind faith comes from. Even though the average zoner is 30, they seem to have the memory of someone 95. Every year they get their hopes up, rip on the people that say 8-8 is the ceiling, and then start making excuses why the team can't make the play-offs in the weak NFC, but claim the next year will be different. Facts, we have a rookie head coach, Alex Smith year 7, and our running back coming off injury and middle aged. The secondary is suspect, new playbook and shortened off season, etc,etc. This team is much more likely to be 6-10 than 10-6.

I'll just be negative and pissy and hate my team then. Alex Smith sucks! Frank Gore doesn't have anything left! Michael Crabtree is a diva. VD has bad hands. Dont sign Dashon. Taylor Mays is a bust.

That's why I watch the game. Just to watch my team lose... Cause as long as Alex is playing horrible I am happy. That's what sports are about! Screw sticking up for your team and being hopeful. ZOners and these so called FAITHFUL(my ass our fanbase sucks!!!!!!!!!!!) know what they are talking about. Hell they spend more time whacking each other off, and arguing around here that maybe they should spend this time and go to College (like I am) to become a coach and change something myself.

It is pointless to hope for Alex Smith to perform well because he has never showed us anything to have faith in. Number 1 overall draft pick, 7yrs later... We are still fighting to win in the weakest division in the NFL. If it wasn't for this lockout, we wouldn't even be talking about Alex Smith in Ninertalk right now bc he would not be resigned. Only reason he is still hanging around is bc Harbaugh and Baalke can't make any other moves.

I wouldn't be surprised if Alex stinks it up in 2011 as the starter and makes Harbaugh look like a fool who doesn't know what the he'll he's doing. That's just what he does... He makes coaches and offensive coordinators look horrible. Martz went on to Chicago and had their offense tearing sh*t up. Nolan went on to Miami and made them a top 5 defense in the league.

Did you watch the second half of this season? I agree that his tenure here has been frustrating and has not lived up to expectations, but to say he has not showed anything is going too far.
Another converted Alex Smith thread!
I disagree with the OP on this thread.

Our QB situation doesn't provide much hope, the extended lockout hurts our chances to reach the playoffs, and I'm not real excited about our Draft Picks and their ability to contribute this year. Lets pray that FA gives us some hope...

I feal so strongly about this that I've already canceled my NFL Sunday Ticket from Direct TV and have told my family that were not going to go to any games this year.

I still Love the Niners; but, I'm not in love with this off season; at least not enough to open my wallet...
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:

Did you watch the second half of this season? I agree that his tenure here has been frustrating and has not lived up to expectations, but to say he has not showed anything is going too far.

2nd half of the season? You mean when he started playing crappy teams? Alex has never had an issue beating bad teams...what he's always struggled with was consistency and he threw up a dud against a good team (San Diego).

Alex is decent within his division. Outside of it is a different story.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by FaithInJH:
Another converted Alex Smith thread!

Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
If you can't be optimistic and happy about next year, after the 9ers successfully brought in the shining star of college football coaching, you are a pessimist extraordinaire.

I think a lot are realist, not pessimist. There have been many college coaches that have failed to transition their success to the NFL. Also, the odds are stacked up against the coaching staff this upcoming year. So, its being pretty realistic to not see much improvement in the win column.

Don't disagree about this year being iffy, but still am optimistic about the progress of the team given the 9ers willingness to change directions and be aggressive in pursuit of a top coaching prospect. I don't care what their record is next year as long as we see a step toward excellence. With the lockout it would be unlikely to see the team succeed out of the gate, but they should show signs throughout the year that will give us hope. That is all I am looking for.
Ahh, the thread that will never go away.
  • dj43
As someone who has spent a fair amount of time coaching teens, I am excited about the work the players have put in by themselves. Nothing is more valuable to a team than to have the players buy into the system and teach each other. It is one thing to listen to a coach explain something to you, but a much greater learning exercise is to turn around and TEACH someone else. From what we have read about what happen during the two weeks the players were together, it was clear that there was a great deal of player-to-player teaching going on. It wasn't just Alex Smith teaching others, it was guys like Joe Staley and Vernon Davis and other vets who were teaching the rooks and others. IMO, this will prove to be more helpful than the casual observer might understand.

Just my observation...

Somebody who can think, how refreshing!!
Originally posted by owiseone:

Somebody who can think, how refreshing!!

Actually Smith could have won the Saints/Falcons games and the D failed as usual...
[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Jul 14, 2011 at 2:05 PM ]
don't feed the troll. don't feed the troll. don't feed the troll.

It's my WZ mantra.
Share 49ersWebzone