LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

content and excited about smith, the niners, and the playoffs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
All this negative energy and views on the niners and smith next year. As bad as last year was, we still came close making the playoffs.

Next year we still play the NFC west teams twice.

We no longer have singletary as our head coach who had no idea how to be a head coach. People underestimate the difference between a team led by a real intelligent coach, and one that was just promoted from within.

We have new offensive minds that can be creative and utilize our offensive weapons, as opposed to running plays where the defense knew what was coming EVERY play.

Smith will finally have a real coach and mentor for the first time in his NFL career. Though he has been horrible I can see this as his best year with the right coaching support. He is still intelligent and has the tools to manage a game. He does not need to take it over himself. He also returns with more chemistry than any other QB with our WR core.

With more RB support I think gore can play with less injuries and stay fresh for the end of the year with less wear and tear.

I believe with the new staff it will be easier to attract good FAs to want to come to play for the 9ers.

Very excited to see our offensive line in year two with a season under their belt. Iupati will be a bigger beast and hopefully Davis had some time to mature a bit.

our special teams will be much improved with ginn and the speedsters we drafted

There are much more reasons to be excited for next year and the playoffs than to be pessimistic.

thoughts?

GO NINERS

[ Edited by alwayzA9er on Apr 30, 2011 at 23:24:52 ]
I concur......i should of concurred.

If the niners are a 7-8 win team with a bad coach bad oc bad ol with smith at qb then they are minimum a 8-9 win team with a slightly improved ol coaches and oc.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Agreed, I got so annoyed reading the facebook updates on the niners page and comment after comment was "who's this guy blah blah shoulda drafted mallet" lmao. Or the classic "What about QB niners!?!?!?" It was like people were so mad that we didn't draft some guy that was hyped by the media and instead our coaches and scouts actually watched game tape for themselves...Blasphemy I know.

I had a similar guess when I set up my mock that the main guys I wanted-the peterson/miller/dareus trio, would be gone. I figured quinn would be the pick but didn't look deep enough at guys like Aldon smith. Aldon seems to be the better option as OLB, quinn might end up being a solid 4-3 de but at the same time the brain tumor thing is kinda scary as well.

Love the CK pick, I was between dalton or kaepernick as our choice. Figured dalton would be the guy but at the same time I knew the throwing motion stuff was a bunch of crap since plenty of guys have weird throwing motions. Some guys basically throw sidearm lol.

I'm fine with seeing what harbaugh can do with alex, excited to see what fangio can scheme up for our defense(fun blitz options w/aldon, pwilly, justin, and the others), and looking forward to the PLAYOFFS
The team now has:

Vastly superior coaching. Can't do miracles, but they aren't promising that like the last guy did.

Decent returning players for the most part. Despite problems at important positions and myth-based coaching, the team still won some games and was competitive with the best on occasion.

A promising draft that is a good attempt to shore up the talent at all of the weakest positions. May not pay off until late in the season or next year, but an improvement to consider.

A coaching staff that has the creds to keep Jeb away from playing GM. The less the Yorks have to do with this team the better.

A rational and up-coming team will attract even more talent. We have the draft, and it is promising, but remember that when the stupid lock-out is over there are some very talented free agents looking to hook up with a team that excites them.

The QB spot? Who knows and that is most important in the real world. We may see a FA come in, A.Smith going, the new guy learning. Or another combination of the three. It will be a problem in any case and made worse by the lock-out.

All in all, it all seems promising. At least there is hope for a change.
But Smith is just staying cuz his wife is Prego. He needs to man up and leave, or stay and get booed.

Alex Smith's wife is expecting couple's first child in near future, Jim Harbaugh said. Probably a big factor in Smith's willingness to stay.
http://twitter.com/#!/MaioccoCSN/status/64518802766962689
Originally posted by global_nomad:
But Smith is just staying cuz his wife is Prego. He needs to man up and leave, or stay and get booed.

Alex Smith's wife is expecting couple's first child in near future, Jim Harbaugh said. Probably a big factor in Smith's willingness to stay.

lol.

it's probably more manly staying here and getting booed, no matter how he plays, than leaving for somewhere else. shows that alex has some huge cajones.

sorry to break your alex hate post though, you can continue now.
Playoffs? Alex couldn't manage 4 wins last year and you think were going to the playoffs?
Originally posted by Method:

lol.

it's probably more manly staying here and getting booed, no matter how he plays, than leaving for somewhere else. shows that alex has some huge cajones.

truth
Originally posted by Method:

lol.

thanks I'm trying to get it all out of my system. Hopefully Harbaugh is good for him.
This is basically the same team from last year. Yet, we have a huge upgrade in coaching, winning the NFC west is certainly possible.

It's all apart of the master plan:

Alex Smith = Steve DeBerg
Colin Kaepernick = Joe Montana
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Wow! Kaep is the greatest QB to ever play in the NFL. Now that's impressive.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

No ddude Alex Smith will be Joe Montana
Kaepernick = Steve Young
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
This is basically the same team from last year. Yet, we have a huge upgrade in coaching, winning the NFC west is certainly possible.

Agree
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by alwayzA9er:

Next year we still play the NFC west teams twice.

no s**t?!?
Share 49ersWebzone