There are 392 users in the forums

Grade the 49ers 2011 Draft Class

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Although I was confused by several of the picks, there are a few that I like:

- DE/OLB Aldon Smith
- QB Colin Kaepernick
- RB Kendall Hunter
- WR Ronald Johnson

I'd grade this years draft at a C+. A ton of upside, but several projects!
i don't pretend to know all these guys, or all the guys in any year. from what i've seen, we have reached for quite a few players. Based on that, i'd have to say a C overall. but grading a draft the day it ends or day after is like predicting a superbowl champ in may. you never know how things are going to turn out so i'm not going to be too negative about these picks
impossible to tell right now. But the Aldon Smith and Hunter picks look to be really good, especially considering the circumstances.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Although I was confused by several of the picks, there are a few that I like:

- DE/OLB Aldon Smith
- QB Colin Kaepernick
- RB Kendall Hunter
- WR Ronald Johnson

I'd grade this years draft at a C+. A ton of upside, but several projects!

Completely agree. Also liked the Kilgore pick. I'll go somewhere in the B-C range because of what seem to be a couple reaches. Also, I would not have passed on Powe so many times.
let's hope they get some good coaching.
we have to see what happens in FA

C

we didnt get any good CB depth and we still need a legit starter
Colin Jones looks like an absolute beast for special teams, 4.3 40, hard-worker and aggressive, hell yeah.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
we have to see what happens in FA

C

we didnt get any good CB depth and we still need a legit starter

Asomugha here we come!!! (I hope)

[ Edited by MONTANA9ERFAN on Apr 30, 2011 at 17:36:13 ]
Hate to be critical, but except for Hunter in the 4th, all I see are projects and reaches: D.

Really hope I'm wrong, but I don't see a "sure-thing" on the board and we drafted 7th. Looks like a Terry Donahue draft to me. God, I hope I'm wrong. Maybe coaching will make something out of it.
Originally posted by dbdublin:
Hate to be critical, but except for Hunter in the 4th, all I see are projects and reaches: D.

Really hope I'm wrong, but I don't see a "sure-thing" on the board and we drafted 7th. Looks like a Terry Donahue draft to me. God, I hope I'm wrong. Maybe coaching will make something out of it.

• Rizo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dbdublin:

Your a Terry Donahue draft!
I am not real happy with the draft on the surface---but I am just a fan in terms of evaluating college players skills into the NFL---I am not good at that. I would give it a B i guess---If Smith becomes great pass rusher, Colin a good starting QB, and Hunter a nice change of pace back---that would make it an A.

I really want some of the defensive backs to do well but that is my major concern as far as the draft---not sure on those guys--but i don't really know anything about them.
it seems like they gave up more than they needed to, for the players they drafted. i'm all for taking guys you think fit your system, but it seemed like we had players a lot higher on our board than everyone else did.

even though i wasn't thrilled with this draft, there might be 4-5 guys still on the team in a few years.
I'll get back to you in 3 years.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheChozen:
I'll get back to you in 3 years.
Share 49ersWebzone