LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 195 users in the forums

Round 1, #7, the San Francisco 49ers selects Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri

Shop Find 49ers gear online
https

Originally posted by jimrat:
LOL at DonnieDarko editing his comments.

Oh, it has been saved for eternity.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko: we suck so hard wtf didnt we take cam jordan?
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jimrat:
LOL at DonnieDarko editing his comments.

Oh, it has been saved for eternity.

Quote:

Originally posted by DonnieDarko: we suck so hard wtf didnt we take cam jordan?

LOL he thought he was being smart. I even put up a WTF
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
https

Both these guys came off as major dumbasses, so did Pete Prisco and a few of the other "genius" draftniks.

Both these guys came off as major dumbasses, so did Pete Prisco and a few of the other "genius" draftniks.

To be fair, even the very best talent evaluators are wrong pretty often.
If he was in ny or dallas nfl network would have 3 hours of aldon smith coverage everyday. I bet they would be reporting on his bathroom breaks! The guy should be in the talk for mvp of the league.
Keep in mind that some mock drafts had this guy going 5th to the Cardinals. People need to quit crying and accept that the 49ers got an explosive pass-rushing talent. As things stood, our pass-rush was going to be garbage next year, even with a better scheme, we still had limited personnel. Harlyson needs to be benched, Brooks doesn't seem to be a permanent solution, Lawson might be out the door, this was a HUGE need and Aldon Smith is a guy who can be developed, who does have good character, he's a straight blue-collar/lunch pail type and by all accounts, a hard worker to boot.

People will b***h and moan but in the end, I think this guy is going to turn out to be a pretty good pick.

This Phoenix49ers guy was right on point :P

Originally posted by Juradon:
Was he really the best DE they could have drafted? This is confusing because there were other players rated higher as DE's. He is probably too young to make a difference in his first two years, he's a Soph?

2nd highest rated pass-rusher in the entire draft on most boards. Sexier names out there, but none is a more complete package than this guy.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers: I'm psyched! I was on board for Patrick Peterson and Patrick Peterson alone. After the Cardinals squashed that, I want a top pass-rusher. Amununchucku never impressed me and apparently didn't impress some others as he's still on the board. 49ers had a major position of need at OLB that they couldn't fill through the draft and Aldon Smith is a great guy for that. He has the tools to become an absolute beast, on top of that, he's a hard worker and a good character guy, so whats not to like? He was one of my favorites heading into this draft.

And more fail comments.

Originally posted by theninermaniac:
FAIL

only a trade back into first round for a QB will make me not upset about this draft[/right]

Originally posted by global_nomad:
GM Trent Baalke tells us #49ers will "take time" with Aldon Smith. Says he has to learn new position, will put hand on ground and stand up.

http://twitter.com/#!/knbrmurph/status/63769394488164352

just what every fan wants from their 20 year old first round pick. we'll "take time"

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
GM Trent Baalke tells us #49ers will "take time" with Aldon Smith. Says he has to learn new position, will put hand on ground and stand up.

wtf is wrong with this idiot. then why not fairely, jordan, heyward. reach for a sh!thead

Originally posted by zero:

Another project,...just what we need.

Originally posted by b9er37:
Ahhh biatch! This is 100 times worse than last year !
When he gets a sack, I like to yell Aldoonnnn SMIFF!!!!!!!!
Keep in mind that some mock drafts had this guy going 5th to the Cardinals. People need to quit crying and accept that the 49ers got an explosive pass-rushing talent. As things stood, our pass-rush was going to be garbage next year, even with a better scheme, we still had limited personnel. Harlyson needs to be benched, Brooks doesn't seem to be a permanent solution, Lawson might be out the door, this was a HUGE need and Aldon Smith is a guy who can be developed, who does have good character, he's a straight blue-collar/lunch pail type and by all accounts, a hard worker to boot.

People will b***h and moan but in the end, I think this guy is going to turn out to be a pretty good pick.

This Phoenix49ers guy was right on point :P

Was he really the best DE they could have drafted? This is confusing because there were other players rated higher as DE's. He is probably too young to make a difference in his first two years, he's a Soph?

2nd highest rated pass-rusher in the entire draft on most boards. Sexier names out there, but none is a more complete package than this guy.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers: I'm psyched! I was on board for Patrick Peterson and Patrick Peterson alone. After the Cardinals squashed that, I want a top pass-rusher. Amununchucku never impressed me and apparently didn't impress some others as he's still on the board. 49ers had a major position of need at OLB that they couldn't fill through the draft and Aldon Smith is a great guy for that. He has the tools to become an absolute beast, on top of that, he's a hard worker and a good character guy, so whats not to like? He was one of my favorites heading into this draft.

And more fail comments.

Originally posted by theninermaniac:
FAIL

only a trade back into first round for a QB will make me not upset about this draft[/right]

just what every fan wants from their 20 year old first round pick. we'll "take time"

Originally posted by Negrodamus:

wtf is wrong with this idiot. then why not fairely, jordan, heyward. reach for a sh!thead

Another project,...just what we need.

Are you like, some kind of fortuneteller?

Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

Are you like, some kind of fortuneteller?

I think most people had never heard of Aldon Smith up to that point. I knew that the guy was an absolute beast, who didn't dominate simply through his athleticism but a guy who had some great pass rush moves, was a hard worker, and had sky-high potential. I much preferred him over Quinn and basically anyone that the 49ers could have drafted besides Patrick Peterson, but once the Cardinals swiped him, I was totally on board 150% with Aldon Smith, getting a true pass-rusher was HUGE for this defense. I felt he could be a Clay Matthews type of player and he's exceeded even that.

Some draftnik's acted like it was a big reach but most people had him going from between Pick 5 to Pick 15 and I always had the feeling that the Texans would have taken Smith over JJ Watt had the 49ers picked someone else. The biggest criticism I remember from the media draftnik's was that the 49ers blew it since Blaine Gabbert was still on the board and how they had missed out on a franchise QB which in reality turned out to be a poor man's Alex Smith.

You also had a lot of people crying about the 49ers not taking more well-known prospects such as Cameron Jordan, Prince Amukamara, Quinn and Nick Fairley. Never did understand the obsession with Amukamara whose hype was completely over-blown, he was lumped into the same category as Peterson even though he was and still isn't nowhere near the same caliber of player.

It's so fun to reread the comments from the 11' draft.... Aldon is tearing it up! I knew that he would be good, but i never anticipated him being this great!! I am so thankful that he is on our team.
man what a s**tty draft
Yeah. That was a pretty good pick.
Originally posted by 9ersnation:
Don't get how you pass on Prince. Disappointed big time

Originally posted by Fresniner:
Aldon Smith?? Really? Ughhh

who the fu(k is this guy???

veeerrry disappointed with this

Originally posted by NavyNinerFan:
Does anybody know why? I did not expect this guy. WTF???

Originally posted by BMoore56:
Who the f*ck is this guy????? i feel like the f*ckin raiders ughhhh!!!!!

who the fu(k is this guy???

veeerrry disappointed with this

Originally posted by SJniner7:
jeez! Was he even ranked?

Is this Kentwan Balmer 2.0?

Originally posted by Born_Niner:
...why? this is horse-ish

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
And this is why we have sucked for so long

Originally posted by susweel:
f**k you Baalke, Im gonna kick your ass.

I'll remember those words

Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Another A. Smith.

Sweeeeeeeeet. FML.

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Looks like an anorexic manny Lawson!

Originally posted by maximill15:
I has a sad with this pick

Just going to leave these here.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Syber/Chaz LOL
Share 49ersWebzone