There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Round 1, #7, the San Francisco 49ers selects Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri

Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by thechamber52:
Aldon gets two sacks on Saturday

If Aldon get four sacks on Saturday then might get a win for us? If get two sacks and might not enough for win because Saints have a dangerous for offense spread it. We need blizt alot and hit him for many time when he should have hold to long the ball and let them slow down! Do it!

What if Aldon gets 2 sacks and Justin and Ahmad Brooks each get a sack too?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Not in my wildest dreams did I think Aldon would already be the player that he is. Big time props to Baalke for drafting him, Im sorry Baalke I was wrong about you being the same as McClueless.

Better late than never, much much better

Originally posted by modninerfan:

If Aldon get four sacks on Saturday then might get a win for us? If get two sacks and might not enough for win because Saints have a dangerous for offense spread it. We need blizt alot and hit him for many time when he should have hold to long the ball and let them slow down! Do it!

I think, Justin and Brooks will get a 1 or 1.5 sacks and aldon gets 2 sacks? it's not enough for sacks.. We need sacks more because Aldon is very good at sacks that what i need him get 4 sacks to get might a win for us.. I realize the Saints have plenty time to throw the score for spread it. They are too Sh it because they can fast the time and times to earn the power offense scored that means they know the times left.

I think, Justin and Brooks will get a 1 or 1.5 sacks and aldon gets 2 sacks? it's not enough for sacks.. We need sacks more because Aldon is very good at sacks that what i need him get 4 sacks to get might a win for us.. I realize the Saints have plenty time to throw the score for spread it. They are too Sh it because they can fast the time and times to earn the power offense scored that means they know the times left.

I get what your sayin... but thats pretty ambitious...Jacksonville held them to 23 pts with only 3 sacks. However many sacks we end up getting, we cant afford to sacrifice our coverage by blitzing the safety and corners or more than 2 LB's in my opinion. He throws too fast, we need coverage sacks IMO.
I get what your sayin... but thats pretty ambitious...Jacksonville held them to 23 pts with only 3 sacks. However many sacks we end up getting, we cant afford to sacrifice our coverage by blitzing the safety and corners or more than 2 LB's in my opinion. He throws too fast, we need coverage sacks IMO.

Its tough to sack Brees, but sacks aren't everything. PRESSURE is everything. Pressure is what causes rushed throws, incomplete passes.

We just need to pressure him. On grass, Brees is a different player when pressured.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Its tough to sack Brees, but sacks aren't everything. PRESSURE is everything. Pressure is what causes rushed throws, incomplete passes.

We just need to pressure him. On grass, Brees is a different player when pressured.

very exactly it! you have a good point! i agreed it!
Originally posted by BrianGO:

I watched the Saints vs Lions last sat night. I saw the Saints Oline were all cheat cuz they hold the Dline tried sack to Brees when refs don't see it that Saints Oline have hands to grab and hold it to the dline! I saw it already.. why refs don't throw the flag? F**k the refs!! If the refs don't see the Saints Oline have hands to grab and hold it to the 49ers dline this sat.. I will be piss off at the refs.. wait and see...

My brain.

Ow...
http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d825e7383/The-NFL-Season-Rookie-rampage

"I want to get the NFL Record in sacks, and beat Michael Strahan's record"
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
I totally misjudged Aldon Smith. I really liked the pick but only put him down for 5 sacks his rookie season, thought other guys were homers for saying 10+. Sometimes being a homer works out. We're lucky to have him for 4more years? Elite pass rushers are one of the hardest to draft imo.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Haralson is a good player. A starter on perhaps the best rush defense in NFL history.

he's the weakest link on the D imo. 2 sacks from your starting 3-4 OLB just isn't enough.
[ Edited by Hopper on Jan 13, 2012 at 4:14 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Great Blue North website has recognized the value of Aldon Smith.

He was chosen by them as the top defensive rookie, which is not the big of surprise.

But, they also selected him as the best first round pick.

Bruce Miller was selected as the best seventh round pick.

http://www.gbnreport.com/2011draftreview.html
Just Aldon on ESPN and he has the word "chip" tattooed on his shoulder. #CLASSIC
Nah, he should have ALL tattooed on left cheek and DONE tattooed on Rt. cheek.

derp.....
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jan 13, 2012 at 10:56 PM ]