LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 205 users in the forums

Round 1, #7, the San Francisco 49ers selects Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/01/18/willis-defines-wednesdays-vibe-at-49ers-facility/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

Aldon Smith was informed he won the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year Award (although he was not told it came from the Pro Football Writers Association rather than the Associated Press, which won't announce its honors until Super Bowl Eve). Said Smith: "That's cool. That's a big honor for me."

PFW loves us.

So is this the real award or not?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/01/18/willis-defines-wednesdays-vibe-at-49ers-facility/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

Aldon Smith was informed he won the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year Award (although he was not told it came from the Pro Football Writers Association rather than the Associated Press, which won't announce its honors until Super Bowl Eve). Said Smith: "That's cool. That's a big honor for me."

PFW loves us.

the one the AP gives out is the "official" one.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

PFW loves us.

the one the AP gives out is the "official" one.

Thanks, brah.
Hope he has a huge game on sunday! He deserves every award he will get this season for sure!
Aldon is playing better now than he did 5 weeks ago. This DL is dangerous!
Congratulations Aldon Smith,very well deserved

When he was drafted I had no idea who he was other than they were going to groom him as a pass rushing LB and I thought since Harbaugh just came from college he knew about him and had some input on drafting him.
What an excellent pickup!

Can't wait to see what he can do as a starter the whole season compared to being a situational pass rusher
I can see him blowing up the NFL sack record (M.Strahan 22.5) at some point in his career

gO Niners!
another rookie of the year award for Aldon!!!

http://bayarea.sbnation.com/san-francisco-49ers/2012/1/19/2718993/49ers-aldon-smith-named-2011-pfw-pfwa-defensive-rookie-of-the-year

hopefully he gets the AP
  • Envy
  • Veteran
And to think he is still so young.....
  • Jiks
Anyone notice how we moved him around quite a bit? If I'm not mistaken I believe he was playing a bit of DE in the 3-4. We usually only seen him on 3rd downs or passing situations but this game he was out there quite a bit, and he was on both sides.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Anyone notice how we moved him around quite a bit? If I'm not mistaken I believe he was playing a bit of DE in the 3-4. We usually only seen him on 3rd downs or passing situations but this game he was out there quite a bit, and he was on both sides.

hes been dropping into coverage alot lately too. Does anyone else notice his intensity when he is on the field? he is always in the face of all the offensive players and he doesnt back down. He has good mean streak...!!!

Any other quarterback, and we would have had like 6+ sacks that game, with Aldon having about three of them.
Just went back and read the first 3 pages again.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Lol, the start of this thread is comedy gold.
Originally posted by thechamber52:
Lol, the start of this thread is comedy gold.

I was rolling in laughter the first time I read it, its still funny to this day. People totally and positively freaked the hell out. The best one is the guy who talked about kicking Baalke's ass.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Why does "Can't Touch This" immediately start playing in my head when I see this?
Share 49ersWebzone