LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 291 users in the forums

Round 1, #7, the San Francisco 49ers selects Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d825e7383/The-NFL-Season-Rookie-rampage

"I want to get the NFL Record in sacks, and beat Michael Strahan's record"
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
I totally misjudged Aldon Smith. I really liked the pick but only put him down for 5 sacks his rookie season, thought other guys were homers for saying 10+. Sometimes being a homer works out. We're lucky to have him for 4more years? Elite pass rushers are one of the hardest to draft imo.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Haralson is a good player. A starter on perhaps the best rush defense in NFL history.

he's the weakest link on the D imo. 2 sacks from your starting 3-4 OLB just isn't enough.
[ Edited by Hopper on Jan 13, 2012 at 4:14 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Great Blue North website has recognized the value of Aldon Smith.

He was chosen by them as the top defensive rookie, which is not the big of surprise.

But, they also selected him as the best first round pick.

Bruce Miller was selected as the best seventh round pick.

http://www.gbnreport.com/2011draftreview.html
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Just Aldon on ESPN and he has the word "chip" tattooed on his shoulder. #CLASSIC
Nah, he should have ALL tattooed on left cheek and DONE tattooed on Rt. cheek.

derp.....
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jan 13, 2012 at 10:56 PM ]
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I watched the Saints vs Lions last sat night. I saw the Saints Oline were all cheat cuz they hold the Dline tried sack to Brees when refs don't see it that Saints Oline have hands to grab and hold it to the dline! I saw it already.. why refs don't throw the flag? F**k the refs!! If the refs don't see the Saints Oline have hands to grab and hold it to the 49ers dline this sat.. I will be piss off at the refs.. wait and see...

The Saints, Texans, and Lions O-lines are masters of the hold. They constantly hold and get away with it. They know how to keep the defender close, so the ref can't see.

Our players are a different breed on defense. As long as we keep moving, the refs should see plenty of jerseys getting tugged. Whether or not they call it, is up to them.

I don't think our tackles have a single holding penalty against them. Which is arguably a bad thing, because it means that they don't know how to hold and get away with it, so they never try.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Jan 13, 2012 at 10:56 PM ]
Aldon is gonna make his name a household name tomorrow. im predicting the name aldon will become way more common after tomorrows game and there will be a president named Aldon in about 50 years
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I watched the Saints vs Lions last sat night. I saw the Saints Oline were all cheat cuz they hold the Dline tried sack to Brees when refs don't see it that Saints Oline have hands to grab and hold it to the dline! I saw it already.. why refs don't throw the flag? F**k the refs!! If the refs don't see the Saints Oline have hands to grab and hold it to the 49ers dline this sat.. I will be piss off at the refs.. wait and see...

The Saints, Texans, and Lions O-lines are masters of the hold. They constantly hold and get away with it. They know how to keep the defender close, so the ref can't see.

Our players are a different breed on defense. As long as we keep moving, the refs should see plenty of jerseys getting tugged. Whether or not they call it, is up to them.

I don't think our tackles have a single holding penalty against them. Which is arguably a bad thing, because it means that they don't know how to hold and get away with it, so they never try.

Maybe they are just really really good at!!!!!!!

f**king Baalke, drafting this guy when the 49ers could have had Gabbert or Amukamara or some guy who would actually contribute to the 49ers, this whole draft was one enormous bust!

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/01/18/willis-defines-wednesdays-vibe-at-49ers-facility/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

Aldon Smith was informed he won the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year Award (although he was not told it came from the Pro Football Writers Association rather than the Associated Press, which won't announce its honors until Super Bowl Eve). Said Smith: "That's cool. That's a big honor for me."
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/01/18/willis-defines-wednesdays-vibe-at-49ers-facility/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

Aldon Smith was informed he won the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year Award (although he was not told it came from the Pro Football Writers Association rather than the Associated Press, which won't announce its honors until Super Bowl Eve). Said Smith: "That's cool. That's a big honor for me."

PFW loves us.
Coach of the year, Executive of the year, D Rookie of the year! YEA BUDDY!
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Coach of the year, Executive of the year, D Rookie of the year! YEA BUDDY!

Comeback player of the year.........
Share 49ersWebzone