There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Round 1, #7, the San Francisco 49ers selects Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri

• mike
  • Veteran
I know it's a bit early to speculate, but do you guys think he'll take the starting job next season? At some point he needs to be able to play every down.
Originally posted by mike:
I know it's a bit early to speculate, but do you guys think he'll take the starting job next season? At some point he needs to be able to play every down.

I'm predicting that he and Haralson will be our starters next year. I think Brooks is going to try and get paid.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I'm predicting that he and Haralson will be our starters next year. I think Brooks is going to try and get paid.

Brooks only had 2 more sacks than last year. Can he really expect elite olb money?

That would make a lot of sense though, and probably wouldn't really hurt us that much, i like Parys about as much as I like Brooks. Still, I think fewer of our FAs will want to run off than we're used to, now that we're a playoff team.
Brooks only had 2 more sacks than last year. Can he really expect elite olb money?

That would make a lot of sense though, and probably wouldn't really hurt us that much, i like Parys about as much as I like Brooks. Still, I think fewer of our FAs will want to run off than we're used to after we win the Superbowl.

Fixed it for you.
The young pup doesnt mince his words, knows his target and goes.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d825e7383/The-NFL-Season-Rookie-rampage

Everybody wants to win the super bowl. The San Francisco 49ers are going to be in Indianapolis this year, play in a super bowl and win.

I want to set the NFL record for sacks, passing Michael Strahan, I want to be the ultimate linebacker, the ultimate player, be the best I can be.
I need at least 2 sacks and countless QB hits from young Aldon.
Originally posted by susweel:
I need at least 2 sacks and countless QB hits from young Aldon.

I can dig it

this wouldn't surprise me a bit.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

You can't really fault Brooks either. He's been in a dog fight since he's stepped into the league. He's been in the league a while now and hasn't really earned much (relatively speaking). If he gets a significantly better offer he would be wise to take it. However, I wouldn't mind him staying. Yet, I'm starting to think we might be better off trying to upgrade his postion with a rookie. He's a darn good LB, but isn't really a passrushing force.

You can't really fault Brooks either. He's been in a dog fight since he's stepped into the league. He's been in the league a while now and hasn't really earned much (relatively speaking). If he gets a significantly better offer he would be wise to take it. However, I wouldn't mind him staying. Yet, I'm starting to think we might be better off trying to upgrade his postion with a rookie. He's a darn good LB, but isn't really a passrushing force.

i want Brooks to stay. we're very thin at OLB. we need to get another one even if Brooks stays; him leaving puts us even further in the whole. but i don't blame him if he tests free agency. i expect him to.

i liked his comments about wanting to stay earlier this season, but i know that once the season is well over and the business side takes over, things change.
i want Brooks to stay. we're very thin at OLB. we need to get another one even if Brooks stays; him leaving puts us even further in the whole. but i don't blame him if he tests free agency. i expect him to.

i liked his comments about wanting to stay earlier this season, but i know that once the season is well over and the business side takes over, things change.

Rumor has it he already rejected an offer from us, right? Truth is, it's tough to keep championship teams together.

You're right, we do need depth. Ideally, we draft someone and let him learn behind Brooks, like we did Aldon with Haralson.

God I hope not. Going 15 games without a sack is pathetic.
Aldon gets two sacks on Saturday
Originally posted by Hopper:

God I hope not. Going 15 games without a sack is pathetic.

Haralson is a good player. A starter on perhaps the best rush defense in NFL history.
Originally posted by thechamber52:
Aldon gets two sacks on Saturday

If Aldon get four sacks on Saturday then might get a win for us? If get two sacks and might not enough for win because Saints have a dangerous for offense spread it. We need blizt alot and hit him for many time when he should have hold to long the ball and let them slow down! Do it!