There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

who is your second choice at QB

who is your second choice at QB

to follow up every wildly successful "who is our qb next year" thread I figured I'd post a thread on who is our best second option. You know in case Plamer stays in cincy, and Bulger signs with AZ, while Seatle gives 7 first (yeah I said 7) for Kolb, and Smith goes to... well just goes, and McNabb retires. Who is your second option? Go....

edit btw I left Carr out for a reason...
[ Edited by sactomkiii on Apr 19, 2011 at 9:44 PM ]
alex smith or palmer for me
Interesting. Thank you for coming up with an alternative question lol
First choice would be Palmer, then McNabb.... then Smith over Kolb because he won't cost us a high draft pick and is just as turnover prone. I say give up the farm for a franchise QB next year when our team is built up to make it easier on that rookie when he does start.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 19, 2011 at 10:59 PM ]
this threaad makes no sense unles the smith you posted is troy smith (alex smith won the poll in 1st choice)
Not that I'm praying for this with my hands folded and my eyes shut tight, but what I think we're gonna see, and what I think would probably be the best thing to see, is Smith coming back on a two-year contract, starting for at least (and hopefully at the most) the first year, and then Chris Ponder (or whomever you might be hoping we select; I say ponder in the 2nd) taking the reigns after 1-2 seasons. This doesn't seem out of reach or unreasonable.
Mind you, the two quarterbacks I selected aren't even on our roster, and it's no sure thing that whatever rookie we select will take the back-up spot from Carr. It would be a really dtrong sign for the future of the club, though, if he did.
And, dude, if Kolb comes to the team it won't be in a back-up role.
I can haz three posts in a row too?
Anybody but Alex Smith
Amazed at the Josh Johnson love, guess the webzone loves crappy QBs.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

which one on the list isn't crappy?
Originally posted by KID9R:

At least some of those names have done something in their careers.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
I don't understand the Poll.

You ask who would you pick if Palmer, Bulger, McNabb, Smith and Kolb can't be had. And then include them in the poll.

Sooo Johnson, Hasselbeck or Rookie?
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KID9R:

At least some of those names have done something in their careers.

So has Montana but I think his best days might be behind him too.