There are 222 users in the forums

49ers 2011 Season PREDICTIONS

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by Esco:
Oh and finally a Thanksgiving game I actually care about

Cause it's versus your former hometown ?

Que?
Sun 9/11 Seahawks - WIN 1:15p
Sun 9/18 Cowboys - WIN 1:05p
Sun 9/25 @Bengals - WIN 10:00a
Sun 10/2 @Eagles - LOSS 10:00a
Sun 10/9 Buccaneers - LOSS 1:05p
Sun 10/16 @Lions - WIN 10:00a
BYE
Sun 10/30 Browns - WIN 1:15p
Sun 11/6 @Redskins - WIN 10:00a
Sun 11/13 Giants - LOSS 1:15p
Sun 11/20 Cardinals - WIN 1:05p
Thur 11/24 @Ravens - LOSS 5:20p
Sun 12/4 Rams - WIN 1:15p
Sun 12/11 @Cardinals - WIN 1:05p
Mon 12/19 Steelers - WIN 5:30p
Sat 12/24 @Seahawks - WIN 1:15p
Sun 1/1 @Rams - LOSS 10:00a

11-5 Last game I figure we will be resting our starters.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Que?

Thanksgiving is October 9th where I'm from.
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
7-9 at best

if we have a normal offseason and get a decent QB maybe as high as 9-7, but doubtful

This is pretty much the same talent that went 8-8 with Dingleberry as the HC so I don't see how "7-9 at best" will be the outcome.

I would say 7-9 at worst and 9-7 or 10-6 being realistic with the talent the team has compared to the rest of the division. This would have to take into account Harbaugh and his staff being no worse than Dingleberry and his staff.

oh yeah I forgot learning yet another system on both offense and defense with an uncertain summer and no QB will make us better than last year. Singletary had something that resembled continuity and still the team underachieved, hence the reason he was fired. Harbaugh needs a year with a CBA intact to straighten this team out, anyone with high hopes for 2011 will be disappointed imo.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame

Que?

Thanksgiving is October 9th where I'm from.

lol I forgot about that
7-9 at best

if we have a normal offseason and get a decent QB maybe as high as 9-7, but doubtful

This is pretty much the same talent that went 8-8 with Dingleberry as the HC so I don't see how "7-9 at best" will be the outcome.

I would say 7-9 at worst and 9-7 or 10-6 being realistic with the talent the team has compared to the rest of the division. This would have to take into account Harbaugh and his staff being no worse than Dingleberry and his staff.

oh yeah I forgot learning yet another system on both offense and defense with an uncertain summer and no QB will make us better than last year. Singletary had something that resembled continuity and still the team underachieved, hence the reason he was fired. Harbaugh needs a year with a CBA intact to straighten this team out, anyone with high hopes for 2011 will be disappointed imo.

Harbaugh come from the college ranks where they can only practice 20 hours a week. He and his staff are already used to installing their schemes with minimal time. Every year college teams have a huge turnover with players and they lose at least a 1/4 of their roster annually. I`d imagine they keep the same verbage and just change the plays. I think Harbaugh is smart enough to not just hand the players all new verbage 3 weeks before the season starts. Thats just not practical.
[ Edited by NinerBoss on Apr 19, 2011 at 7:47 PM ]
13-3 1st seed and home field advantage
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
10-6 division champoins

+1
worst case scenario 7-7 best case 12-4

9-7 will win division

rams have hard schedule will start of 1-6

arizona has a crappy team they wont win more than 4 to 5 games

seattle a solid 7 to 8 win team
7-9 at best

You could say that the team had no QB last year or the year before. The team went 8-8 and 7-9 with possibly the worst coach in the nfl and no QB. At least they will hopefully be improved at the HC position. The talent is not going to be worse than those last 2 years and should be better. And the lockout affects all teams, not just the niners so I dont really think that will affect the W-L. These guys should be pros at learning new offenses, they do it every year. Defense wont take long to switch to Fangio, mostly learning terminology and stuff, not like they are changing to a 4-3. I deffinately see above .500 as a good possibility due to the division they are in.

Originally posted by NinerBoss:
7-9 at best

Harbaugh come from the college ranks where they can only practice 20 hours a week. He and his staff are already used to installing their schemes with minimal time. Every year college teams have a huge turnover with players and they lose at least a 1/4 of their roster annually. I`d imagine they keep the same verbage and just change the plays. I think Harbaugh is smart enough to not just hand the players all new verbage 3 weeks before the season starts. Thats just not practical.

Maybe on defense, but offense will be a little tougher. Digit system to WCO isn't simply changing plays and keeping verbage similar.

He had the best QB in the country at Stanford. He has anything but that with the 49ers. I'm in no way saying that he won't turn it around. He most definitely will. I'm simply saying it won't happen overnight. He hasn't even held one practice yet for pete's sake. While they may have the most talent in the division, they have the least continuity.

But here's to hope.
I don't know.. Depends when cba is signed (if it even is), how fast Harbough can turn us around. I will say in between 6 and 10 wins.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fakers23:
I will repeat once again.. It depends on who's the QB.. If we stay with status quo.. I say maybe 4 wins..

I agree, I really think Alice can win 4 at the most...

Just hope we can beat the cryboys
Seattle Seahawks:
Week 1: Sunday, Sep. 11, at San Francisco, 4:15 PM
Week 2: Sunday, Sep. 18, at Pittsburgh, 1:00 PM
Week 3: Sunday, Sep. 25, Arizona, 4:15 PM
Week 4: Sunday, Oct. 2, Atlanta, 4:05 PM
Week 5: Sunday, Oct. 9, at NY Giants, 1:00 PM
Week 6: BYE
Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 23, at Cleveland, 1:00 PM
Week 8: Sunday, Oct. 30, Cincinnati, 4:15 PM
Week 9: Sunday, Nov. 6, at Dallas, 1:00 PM
Week 10: Sunday, Nov. 13, Baltimore, 4:05 PM
Week 11: Sunday, Nov. 20, at St. Louis, 4:05 PM
Week 12: Sunday, Nov. 27, Washington, 4:05 PM
Week 13: Thursday, Dec. 1, Philadelphia, 8:20 PM
Week 14: Monday, Dec. 12, St. Louis, 8:30 PM
Week 15: Sunday, Dec. 18, at Chicago, 1:00 PM
Week 16: Saturday, Dec. 24, San Francisco, 4:15 PM
Week 17: Sunday, Jan. 1, at Arizona, 4:15 PM
We have to wait and see who our qb is so for the sake of the argument we will assume hasselback is there qb next season

First 5 weeks are tough I don’t see them beating us at home or anyother team besides arizone

They come of there bye week and should beat both the browns and the bengals I don’t see them beating dallas or baltimore. I think they will split with the rams and worst case scenario they split with us as well. They also should beat washington but would lose to chicago and the eagles

They have few 10 am games however those games are against steelers chicago and giants games which they were gonna lose either way

Worst case scario: 6-10
Best case scenario: 9-7

Arizona cardinals:
Week 1: Sunday, Sep. 11, Carolina, 4:15 PM
Week 2: Sunday, Sep. 18, at Washington, 1:00 PM
Week 3: Sunday, Sep. 25, at Seattle, 4:15 PM
Week 4: Sunday, Oct. 2, NY Giants, 4:05 PM
Week 5: Sunday, Oct. 9, at Minnesota, 1:00 PM
Week 6: BYE
Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 23, Pittsburgh, 4:05 PM
Week 8: Sunday, Oct. 30, at Baltimore, 1:00 PM
Week 9: Sunday, Nov. 6, St. Louis, 4:15 PM
Week 10: Sunday, Nov. 13, at Philadelphia, 1:00 PM
Week 11: Sunday, Nov. 20, at San Francisco, 4:05 PM
Week 12: Sunday, Nov. 27, at St. Louis, 1:00 PM
Week 13: Sunday, Dec. 4, Dallas, 4:15 PM
Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 11, San Francisco, 4:05 PM
Week 15: Sunday, Dec. 18, Cleveland, 4:15 PM
Week 16: Saturday, Dec. 24, at Cincinnati, 1:00 PM
Week 17: Sunday, Jan. 1, Seattle, 4:15 PM

Not even gonna bother goin in depth they have a easy schedule to start but after week 3 all the way to week 15 it would be extrmely hard for them to even wi 1 game

Worst case: 2-14
Best case: 5-11

Rams:
Week 1: Sunday, Sep. 11, Philadelphia, 1:00 PM
Week 2: Monday, Sep. 19, at NY Giants, 8:30 PM
Week 3: Sunday, Sep. 25, Baltimore, 4:05 PM
Week 4: Sunday, Oct. 2, Washington, 1:00 PM
Week 5: BYE
Week 6: Sunday, Oct. 16, at Green Bay, 1:00 PM
Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 23, at Dallas, 4:15 PM
Week 8: Sunday, Oct. 30, New Orleans, 1:00 PM
Week 9: Sunday, Nov. 6, at Arizona, 4:15 PM
Week 10: Sunday, Nov. 13, at Cleveland, 1:00 PM
Week 11: Sunday, Nov. 20, Seattle, 4:05 PM
Week 12: Sunday, Nov. 27, Arizona, 1:00 PM
Week 13: Sunday, Dec. 4, at San Francisco, 4:15 PM
Week 14: Monday, Dec. 12, at Seattle, 8:30 PM
Week 15: Sunday, Dec. 18, Cincinnati, 1:00 PM
Week 16: Saturday, Dec. 24, at Pittsburgh, 1:00 PM
Week 17: Sunday, Jan. 1, San Francisco, 1:00 PM
Weeks 1 through 8 is a brutal schedule in weeks 1 through 8 the only team

I see them beating for sure is washington I would put dallas as a toss up but they would need a lot of luck to win any of those other games. After the saints other than us the only hard team they will face is the steelers

Worst case: 6 or 7 wins
Best scenario: about 9 to 10 wins

Again nothing is definite till after the draft and CBA is placed this is just a general first look glance

I say 9 wins will wint he division
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Apr 19, 2011 at 8:31 PM ]
7-9 (no division title)

This team will struggle horribly (amidst post-lock-out) to come into fluidity with the WCO until week 8, and we might not see our QB of the future (play) until around that time in the season.

It's gonna be growing pains, but this time they'll be the 'good' kind; which foreshadow NFC title/Superbowl appearances after the 2011 season.
Share 49ersWebzone