LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

49ers that you met in public (not at autograph signing, games etc...)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
As mentioned by me a million times (though I never met him), my roommate in college was one of Alex Smith's best friends from high school... my friend went to the draft and everything. I used to hear Alex asking about me on the phone to my roommate. I did get this signed hat with an inside joke on it though...

Back in 81 a friend of mine was training for the golden gloves and a guy he trained with owned a nigthclub in San Mateo. We went to the club one night to pick up some boxing gear and the owner told us he wanted us to meet some guys there. He led us to a table where Lott, Rickey Patton and Rickey Henderson were sitting. We sat and chatted with them for about 45 minutes. They bought us a couple of beers and couldn't have been more friendly.

Also, one night I was in the old Foster City Mall (the one with the tent) and had just heard that the Niners got Wendall Tyler. As I was walking past the ice-rink I saw Ray Wersching walking the other way. I asked him if he had heard about the trade. He hadn't. News use to travel a little slower before twitter.
[ Edited by BHulman on Apr 22, 2011 at 7:57 PM ]
Steve Young and Harris Barton at Macy's in Valley Fair shopping center

Randy Cross, Harry Sydney, Don Griffin -various bars in Santa Clara valley

Kevin F*gan, Jesse Sapolu- met at physical rehab facilty
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Apr 22, 2011 at 8:05 PM ]
Steve Young and Joe Montana ate dinner at my house (one of my parents was an executive for a company that did regular tv spots with the two)

I played football with Jerry Rice Jr., whose dad was regularly at our practices to give motivational talks.

I met Eric Johnson, shook his hand and it was literally rock hard.

Met Ronnie Lott who gave a speech at my school and got kicked out half way through for telling inappropriate stories.

I met Alex Smith at the airport by coincidence on his flight back from his 49er press conference after being drafted. Surprisingly this was the coolest by far. It was my first year really obsessing about the draft and I was the only one in the entire airport that recognized him (he was in street clothes). I very non-chalantly sat next to him, shook his hand, congratulated him, talked to him for a few minutes (believe it or not, he was actually the one asking me questions as I hate being "that guy") thanked him for signing my 49er hat, got up and boarded my plane.
This is a fun topic. I was hired into a company at Menlo Park and desk that they had available was in a large back warehouse. There was one woman working back there. We talked most of the day. She introduced herself as Mrs. Turner. At the end of the day Keena Turner came in to pick up his wife. So i got to meet Keena. That was cool.
Jesse S.

At a Karaoke bar.
Met Ronnie Lott in 1998 while he was down in Oklahoma City doing a marketing promo for DirectTV League Pass. Really nice and personable, and took the time to make small talk for a couple minutes.

Also, he was a lot shorter than I expected, but he had a wide and stalky frame, and had a vice grip for a handshake. If he hit/tackled me at full speed I would probably dissintegrate.
Met Alex Smith a few weeks before last years training camp. Me and the fam were walkin out of Monterey aquarium onto Cannery Row and saw him and his girl. I knew I recognized him from somewhere but couldn't put a finger on it. His girl introduced themselves to a whale lover askin for a pettition signature. When I heard the names I knew right a way. Didn't ask for a autograph but did get a pic with o'boy. Gotta a lil place in my heart for the guy, he was cool wished him good luck and we all know how that turned out.
I met Bubba Paris at an Awana's Olympic event at USC Davis, he was the guest speaker. Got to shake his hand, which was pretty cool. He was a big dude.

I also met Jeff Stover at a Carnival in Corning when I was 7 or 8. He's from there and he went high school with my dad and uncle. I remember standing there like this when my dad told me he played for the 49ers.
Eventhough he's not a niner anymore, and this was actually before he became one. I dated a girl that went to M Rob's high school and I watched him torch my high school team badly . He was a very cool guy though.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Apr 23, 2011 at 10:21 PM ]

Met Moran Norris, Josh Morgan and Ronnie Lott. Norris was at my chiropractor's office. Met Josh at LV in Valley Fair and met Lott at my previous employer down in Mountain View. I also saw Kevan Barlow at Valley Fair mall.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
-Ronnie Lott (gave me 'double' high-fives at Scoma's, 2 days after the '89 clobbering over the Vikings in the Divisional round)!!!

You have the best "met a 49er" story to me. The Ronnie Lott one is awesome. Not only getting a single High-5, but get a Double High-5 is legendary. You got to touch the famous left hand/pinky. This man loved playing for the 49ers so much, he cut off the tip of his pinky for us, so he could keep playing! And you got to High-5 that! And coming off that butt-whipping we gave the Vikings, and it came in a year we won the super bowl. Only way this gets better was if Ronnie had let you have a Super Bowl ring or gave you the tip of the pinky to keep. I have no clue what or where Scoma's is but who cares. Did you get a autograph too?
You sir, win this thread IMO.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
-Ronnie Lott (gave me 'double' high-fives at Scoma's, 2 days after the '89 clobbering over the Vikings in the Divisional round)!!!

You have the best "met a 49er" story to me. The Ronnie Lott one is awesome. Not only getting a single High-5, but get a Double High-5 is legendary. You got to touch the famous left hand/pinky. .

this

makes me want a 2 handed handjob from snakeplissken right now
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by Travisty13:

You have the best "met a 49er" story to me. The Ronnie Lott one is awesome. Not only getting a single High-5, but get a Double High-5 is legendary. You got to touch the famous left hand/pinky. .

this

makes me want a 2 handed handjob from snakeplissken right now

keep talking......keep talking......
played on the same intermural soccer team with ashley lelie. he is a super nice guy and really fast
Share 49ersWebzone