There are 217 users in the forums

49ers that you met in public (not at autograph signing, games etc...)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I met David Baas at Chili's in Seaside, California back in 2009. He was picking up To-Go food and I remember thinking "That guy is huge....and he kinda looks like David Baas". We talked about Singletary, Crabtree, and Vernon. Oh ya, he also told me that the best feeling in football was running the football down your opponents throat when they could do nothing to stop it. He was really cool and down to earth.

How about you guys? Dont include meeting players at any kinda of event (golf tournament, autorgraphy signing, training camp, charity event, football games).
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
Didn't offically meet, but saw Jeremy Newberry at a car auction in South San Francisco, he outbidded me on the car I wanted.

[ Edited by TJA85 on Apr 18, 2011 at 3:08 PM ]
I met Joe Montana at the Oasis Beer Garden in Menlo Park.

Dwight Clark's kids also went to my grade school. I got to announce his name at a community softball tournament. Dude hit like 3 home runs in two games... probably needed a deeper fence.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Apr 18, 2011 at 3:17 PM ]
I live in The same town as Steve Young and have seen him on numerous occasions. He is actually a very nice and humble guy I have seen him probably 10 times, and chatted with him about three times. Very cool guy
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
IWASATTHECATCH will own this thread.
No 49er players...

But I did meet Peyton Manning at the New Orleans Airport in 2003.
In public, just M-Rob in Fremont, weeks before he was traded.
I met Jimmy Raye at a local UPS store by the house a week before the Favre miracle. I dont know if that counts though.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
I met Jimmy Raye at a local UPS store by the house a week before the Favre miracle. I dont know if that counts though.

I'm glad to hear he landed on his feet and got a job befitting his skill set
Originally posted by drake49er:
No 49er players...

But I did meet Peyton Manning at the New Orleans Airport in 2003.

same i met steve smith (carolina one) in line at popeyes at the airport in Atlanta

patrick willis sometimes works out and plays hoops at the gym i go to.
Met Ray McDonald at a gas station in San Jose a few years ago, I think his rookie year. It was hilarious - we were walking along and my friend said, "Dude, look at that brand new BMW with a Florida Gators license plate cover. I bet you anything whoever gets out of that car plays for the 49ers." And he was right! We shook Ray's hand and wished him good luck on the season. He was nice.
Boy howdy did he have some hotties in his beamer.
Bill Walsh. Deli on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe. Spring or Summer 1989.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
I met David Baas at Chili's in Seaside, California back in 2009. He was picking up To-Go food and I remember thinking "That guy is huge....and he kinda looks like David Baas". We talked about Singletary, Crabtree, and Vernon. Oh ya, he also told me that the best feeling in football was running the football down your opponents throat when they could do nothing to stop it. He was really cool and down to earth.

How about you guys? Dont include meeting players at any kinda of event (golf tournament, autorgraphy signing, training camp, charity event, football games).

I live in Pacific Grove. That is awesome that you met him there. I used to go to church with Bill Walsh. I used to do the peace be with you with. I saw VD at a kanye west concert in SJ. Met Tom Brady at pebble. Seen Jerry rice at pebble as well.
George Seifert at Dinucci's Restaurant in Valley Ford CA . . . about 1990. Very cool dude.
Share 49ersWebzone