There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Round 2, #36, the San Francisco 49ers selects Colin Kaepernick (QB) Nevada

He was the Qb I wanted. I love the pick. This makes up for the questionable first round pick
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We didn't have to give up a 3rd. Beutiful.
This is our QB of the future, seriously. Harbaugh is going to mold him into a WCO master within the next 2 years.

VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS PICK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great pick, and giving up only a 4 and 5 with our 2 is awesome.
Matt Williamson:
Cincy should have taken Kaepernick...will regret it in a few years.
OK guys, I get it! We're loading up the QB position, sorta. We're gonna get a veteran QB who has tons of experience running a WCO to start for 2 years, Alex Smith will back him up and get a paycheck, and Kaepernick will be groomed to start in year 3. He's gonna need two full years of coaching by Harbaugh to be able to start.
I don't know what Harbaugh has seen in Kaep. I hate this pick.
Sweeeeeeeet!

Originally posted by stever:
I like it. This means, Smith or anybody for one more year and Colin in 2012

thats only if our qb for this year doesnt make the playoffs
Harbaugh takes this challenge willingly.
This is our QB of the future, seriously. Harbaugh is going to mold him into a WCO master within the next 2 years.

VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS PICK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no problems with this pick. I do think we should have waited until next year to take a QB but it's all moot now.

Kaepernick is an outsanding prospect. I graded him a late 2nd round value overall with first round potential.

The kid can kill you with his arm and his leg, he's a tremendous leader, and has as much upside as anyone in the draft. With a year to learn behind a veteran starter, Kaepernick could be very good.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
49ers made a solid pick, anyone know what they gave up to move ahead by 10 spots?

They swapped 2nd round picks and they gave up a 4th and 5th rounders.

I'm surprised they gave up so much to get this guy. Seems desperate. Scouting reports say he is very raw and a development project. Now, maybe in the hands of Harbaugh that will pay big dividends a couple years down the line, but that seems like an awfully steep price. All we needed, IMO, is an accurate passer who can distribute the ball. This guy is one of those runner/passer hybrids.
This has been a strange draft so far for SF. I really thought that Harbaugh would wait till next year to spend a high pick on a QB. Well I hope this guy pans out its been to long since we had even an avg QB.