LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Round 2, #36, the San Francisco 49ers selects Colin Kaepernick (QB) Nevada

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fister30:
I wonder if CK knows how many people are pulling for him to take over at QB next year?

https://twitter.com/#!/Kaepernick7
I wonder if CK knows how many people are pulling for him to take over at QB next year?

Kap can sit for another year. There is no way Alex isn't back in 2012. We would not be here if it wasn't for Alex this season. Give him a full off season and kap another year on the bench and I think we have a good problem.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

The same people who are cursing themselves over the fact that Alex Smith has done everything opposite of they had wished for this season.

this

who is pulling for collinafter a first round bye?
he is riding pine in 2012
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

Yup. Probably for the rest of his contract. If he makes it that far. We will bring in competition for him to beat.
I'd like him to sit until harbaugh thinks he's ready
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Yup. Probably for the rest of his contract. If he makes it that far. We will bring in competition for him to beat.

2013 we draft another QB for competition

The same number of fans that loved Nate Davis?
Let's at least give Colin a full off-season before we judge him.
[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 1, 2012 at 10:04 PM ]
Originally posted by PTulini:

or how about some type of game situations.

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

The same people who are cursing themselves over the fact that Alex Smith has done everything opposite of they had wished for this season.

this

who is pulling for collinafter a first round bye?

It doesn't matter how successful this team is. The only way i would like to see CK play is if he out plays Alex next pre season. If he does this then it would mean that the QB position is playing that much better. If Alex out plays him next off season, so be it.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by PTulini:

why are we even talking about this right now?
I'm more than happy with CK sitting next season as well. As long as Alex is putting up solid numbers and this team continues to improve, there's no need for him to play. Let him sit and absorb and learn as much as he can before he gets thrown into the fire. I truly feel like its the best way. Look at guys like Hasselbeck, Rodgers and now Flynn who all got to sit back in Green Bay and watch and learn, pick up the system without any pressure. I don't see any reason for CK to be rushed on to the field, I just hope he keeps developing and improving, getting better on his footwork, improving his awareness, seeing how to attack various defenses...etc. There's absolutely no need for him to play right away, he was drafted as a project and he's going to take time to be ready.

If its 2013 and preseason and he still looks lost in the sauce, then it'll be a hint that he's probably not the guy, but at this point, he just needs to sit and learn, carry around a clipboard, get pissed off at sitting on the sidelines and do whatever he can do to get himself ready to be a starter in the NFL. I fully trust Harbaugh knows how to best prepare him for that.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 1, 2012 at 10:13 PM ]
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/8439/aaron-rodgers

Aaron Rodgers didn't get any sort of meaningful playing time until his 4th year. His first year he got picked off once and fumbled twice...if CK had done that, 49ers fans would have lost their damn minds. He basically sat for 3 whole years and by the 4th year, the Packers were comfortable with the guy, he KNEW the system inside and out and thus they felt confident enough to dump Favre and turns the reigns over to him.

He needs one more season to basically sit and chill, maybe even a 3rd season, whatever Harbaugh thinks he needs to best develop into a top QB.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 1, 2012 at 10:17 PM ]
The main thing that worries me about Kaepernick is his frame. He's very lanky, skinny legs, doesn't seem to have the body to take a pounding from an aggressive pass rush. He definitely needs to add some mass, even if just in his legs. Of course this could be much ado about nothing but one of the knocks on him entering the draft last year was his body frame and how well he'd hold up to the typical beating an NFL QB gets.
Share 49ersWebzone