There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Round 2, #36, the San Francisco 49ers selects Colin Kaepernick (QB) Nevada

  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,980
Sit back and enjoy my penetrating line of questioning and Harbaugh's insightful answers . . .

Q: What have you seen on the practice field the last 11, 12 weeks from Colin Kaepernick? What's he doing out there? What's he doing in the meeting room? How is he progressing?Harbaugh: "Uh, he's progressing well. He's . . . what's he doing? He's, uh, he's preparing himself to play each and every week. Every week's a sprint for him as well."

Q: Is he getting reps with the offense or is it pretty much just the scout team?Harbaugh: "He's getting both."

Q: Without having seen him in a game, where has he made the biggest strides that you can tell?Harbaugh: "He's made strides in just about every area."

Q: Every week you see backup quarterbacks being called upon, how would you feel about sending him out there?Harbaugh: "Uh, I'd be confident in him."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Harbaugh-quizzed-on-Kaepernicks-developm?blockID=601992&feedID=5884
Originally posted by Jcool:
Sit back and enjoy my penetrating line of questioning and Harbaugh's insightful answers . . .

Q: What have you seen on the practice field the last 11, 12 weeks from Colin Kaepernick? What's he doing out there? What's he doing in the meeting room? How is he progressing?Harbaugh: "Uh, he's progressing well. He's . . . what's he doing? He's, uh, he's preparing himself to play each and every week. Every week's a sprint for him as well."

Q: Is he getting reps with the offense or is it pretty much just the scout team?Harbaugh: "He's getting both."

Q: Without having seen him in a game, where has he made the biggest strides that you can tell?Harbaugh: "He's made strides in just about every area."

Q: Every week you see backup quarterbacks being called upon, how would you feel about sending him out there?Harbaugh: "Uh, I'd be confident in him."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Harbaugh-quizzed-on-Kaepernicks-developm?blockID=601992&feedID=5884

Get coached up and be ready to compete for a starting spot next year.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Sit back and enjoy my penetrating line of questioning and Harbaugh's insightful answers . . .

Q: What have you seen on the practice field the last 11, 12 weeks from Colin Kaepernick? What's he doing out there? What's he doing in the meeting room? How is he progressing?Harbaugh: "Uh, he's progressing well. He's . . . what's he doing? He's, uh, he's preparing himself to play each and every week. Every week's a sprint for him as well."

Q: Is he getting reps with the offense or is it pretty much just the scout team?Harbaugh: "He's getting both."

Q: Without having seen him in a game, where has he made the biggest strides that you can tell?Harbaugh: "He's made strides in just about every area."

Q: Every week you see backup quarterbacks being called upon, how would you feel about sending him out there?Harbaugh: "Uh, I'd be confident in him."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Harbaugh-quizzed-on-Kaepernicks-developm?blockID=601992&feedID=5884

Get coached up and be ready to compete for a starting spot next year.

I honestly believe this kid is gonna surprise a lot of people next preseason.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Hopefully Alex stays healthy because even though Harbaugh says he has confidence in him I sure as hell dont

Neither do I. We should start Alex for another 2 years, kaep is a project QB he's not ready to start, but I think he will be Cam Newton-like when he does
  • mod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,107
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I honestly believe this kid is gonna surprise a lot of people next preseason.

He did look good against a pathetic Tampa team
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Sit back and enjoy my penetrating line of questioning and Harbaugh's insightful answers . . .

Q: What have you seen on the practice field the last 11, 12 weeks from Colin Kaepernick? What's he doing out there? What's he doing in the meeting room? How is he progressing?Harbaugh: "Uh, he's progressing well. He's . . . what's he doing? He's, uh, he's preparing himself to play each and every week. Every week's a sprint for him as well."

Q: Is he getting reps with the offense or is it pretty much just the scout team?Harbaugh: "He's getting both."

Q: Without having seen him in a game, where has he made the biggest strides that you can tell?Harbaugh: "He's made strides in just about every area."

Q: Every week you see backup quarterbacks being called upon, how would you feel about sending him out there?Harbaugh: "Uh, I'd be confident in him."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Harbaugh-quizzed-on-Kaepernicks-developm?blockID=601992&feedID=5884

Get coached up and be ready to compete for a starting spot next year.

I honestly believe this kid is gonna surprise a lot of people next preseason.
That's my dream scenario SP. That come next preseason Kaep plays so well the team has no choice but to start him.

I trust JH and pray he and Baalke got the QBotf when picking Kaep.

As for his delivery, while it may look odd it's really on par with the norm when timed from start to finish. Sports science did a segment on that subject and not only is his motion not off the norm, but the time from start to ball hitting target was faster with Kaep than any other rookie QB coming out this past season.
Baalke: "Guys that throw from the same arm angle and same foot setting...those are the guys that need everything right around them. Colin can do it from different angles and positions"

This is the biggest difference between Colin and Alex in a nutshell.
[ Edited by Joecool on Nov 28, 2011 at 3:03 PM ]
you quoted the wrong post Joecool. change it before some get the wrong impression.

I think that video with Baakle is great inside info we are not used to hearing, and more should see it.
here is the video you meant to post.



I really believe Baalke did not want to initially bring Alex back, but with the hold out and Jim convincing him...he changed his mind.

after the season, when he got the job and he was on the radio station about what he expected out of the QB position, it seemed for sure he was not a fan of Alex...or at least Alex's play on the field.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 28, 2011 at 3:17 PM ]
Hope he gets some reps once they get the last couple of games.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
here is the video you meant to post.



I really believe Baalke did not want to initially bring Alex back, but with the hold out and Jim convincing him...he changed his mind.

after the season, when he got the job and he was on the radio station about what he expected out of the QB position, it seemed for sure he was not a fan of Alex...or at least Alex's play on the field.

Even in current interviews, Baalke praises Alex's commitment to understand everything and make the plays he's required to make. I don't think I've ever heard Baalke praise Alex on his physical ability aside from the fact that he's mobile.
Well Alex has gotten us into the playoffs for the first time in his career, I think that buys him at least one more season as our starter, Although it is obvious that our QB position is what is holding back our offense. Baltimore made that clear by blitzing the sh!t out of Smith, and forcing him to make plays on the fly (where he has struggled his whole career).
Glad to see the kid working hard everyday still not just resting on the bench
Originally posted by valrod33:
Hopefully Alex stays healthy because even though Harbaugh says he has confidence in him I sure as hell dont


That's why you are not the coach... PAL!!!
Originally posted by Joecool:
Baalke: "Guys that throw from the same arm angle and same foot setting...those are the guys that need everything right around them. Colin can do it from different angles and positions"

This is the biggest difference between Colin and Alex in a nutshell.


Amen!