LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

Round 2, #36, the San Francisco 49ers selects Colin Kaepernick (QB) Nevada

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Colin Kaepernick has a bright future with the 49ers.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
What you guys said about davis............
Originally posted by PTulini:
Colin Kaepernick has a bright future with the 49ers.

yeah I think he does as well...but only time will tell. OMG THAT RHYMES!

but seriously, here is what Baalke had to say to the media, right after the draft.

.be

pretty good incite into what they were looking for in a franchise QB. Also was that Alex that Baalke talking about in the video about some QBs needing everything to be perfect?
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 25, 2011 at 8:35 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 76Razor:
Originally posted by susweel:
Kap has more physical talent than Alex. It's just a matter of getting him coached up to the pro game. Maybe its just my blind optimism but I do think he is the QB of the future.

I'll bet you twenty bucks he's not.

main reason for me not liking kaep: mechanics and that long ass awkward wind up. takes too long on the release, not compact and fast enough. can't really fix that.

I'm with you on this 76Razor, don't think hes the future at all, I think he'll just be another serviceable back-up.
Other than a cool attitude I don't see much hope in this guy until he develops for 2-3 years.
Got a feeling he will have a great camp and look really good in preseason....starting another round of "Should we bench Alex" threads
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Other than a cool attitude I don't see much hope in this guy until he develops for 2-3 years.

LOL.

So being 6'4", a great leader, a hard worker, running a 4.5, having a laser for a right arm and a good brain is nothing to inspire hope?

His cool attitude outshines all of that?
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:

LOL.

So being 6'4", a great leader, a hard worker, running a 4.5, having a laser for a right arm and a good brain is nothing to inspire hope?

there are plenty of wrs with those same attributes and they don't play QB
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Axl49:
What you guys said about davis............

Davis had a low IQ, wasn't as athletic, and a bad work ethic. Basically all he had going for him was a cannon of an arm.

So if you call Kaep a smart/hard working/more athletic davis, then that's actually a guy with a chance to be a good quarterback. People are just really quick to judge, saw him struggle in one preseason, and now he's a bust all of a sudden. I'll still give him at least one more preseason before I call him a career backup.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

LOL.

How many WRs have big time arms.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:

LOL.

wow...lol....

again from the previous page.

seems like he is almost everything they are looking for in a franchise QB.

[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 25, 2011 at 10:42 PM ]
Actually Nate Davis probably has better touch on his passes than Alex or Colin......just seems like a natural passer. Knew when to gun it and when to loft it in there.

too bad he had other issues.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Actually Nate Davis probably has better touch on his passes than Alex or Colin......just seems like a natural passer. Knew when to gun it and when to loft it in there.

too bad he had other issues.

Needed that... LOL.... and really.. really says it all bout you, my friend. .. Have fun with that. It is your blessed opinion, and this is the place for them... but wow...
Funny...I always thought Nate had an arm....but no idea of when and how to use it. Kinda the opposite of what you just said.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Funny...I always thought Nate had an arm....but no idea of when and how to use it. Kinda the opposite of what you just said.

well although this was from Preseason this little back to back segment did impress me at the time....I wasn't used to seeing a 9er QB do that.

first pass was nice touch and was easy for Walker to pull in for the TD, seeing that he was wide open....next one, right back to Walker for a 2pt conversion... and gunned it accurately.

starts at 1:06 of the clip.

[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 25, 2011 at 11:11 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone