There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

That GIANT Inflatable (Team) Entrance Helmet...

You think with all the superfluous time added (with the lock-out), the Yorks might finally consider updating the inflatable entrance helmet at the 'Stick'?

Sure, this might sound like a "slow day for news/arguments' sort of topic, but this has been bugging me since we've changed our uniforms (almost 2 years ago); this is a huge issue when it comes to product continuity/classiness!

-It's practically an eyesore to look at anymore... IT'S GOTTA GO!

DISCUSS!
DISCUSS!
DISCUSS!
Yeah they need something new.

But what I've always wondered is why doesnt the franchise try harder to get the fans going? Niner fans can be lowd, we've all seen it when the team was winning. So why doesnt the stadium offer rally towels or something similar? Why doesn't York step out on the field at half time on opening day and announce that starting this year, everyone will know 49er fans as the loudest fans in the NFL. He thereafter could start an ad campaign (similar to "I want winners") such as: This year's going to be loud. And why doesn't the stadium play "hey hey hey goodbye" after a 49er win?

I'm not saying rally towels or that proposed ad campaign is exactly what we should do. But what I'm saying is someone at team headquarters should start a movement when it comes to our crowd noise. It really does help the team in certain situations.

[ Edited by mustangmele on Mar 24, 2011 at 17:17:54 ]
Originally posted by mustangmele:

But what I've always wondered is why doesnt the franchise try harder to get the fans going? Niner fans can be lowd, we've all seen it when the team was winning. So why doesnt the stadium offer rally towels or something similar? Why doesn't York step out on the field at half time on opening day and announce that starting this year, everyone will know 49er fans as the loudest fans in the NFL. He then thereafter start an ad campaign (similar to "I want winners") such as: This year's going to be loud.

I'm not saying rally towels or that proposed ad campaign is exactly what we should do. But what I'm sayin is that someone at team headquarters should start a movement when it comes to our crowd noise. It really does help the team in certain situations.

Because the Yorks are cheap. What does it say about them when on "Fan Appreciation Day" they give everyone Victoria Canada luggage tags?? Seriously, could they be any lamer?
I've been waiting for a cup holder for over a decade.
Originally posted by Druckenmiller14:
Originally posted by mustangmele:

But what I've always wondered is why doesnt the franchise try harder to get the fans going? Niner fans can be lowd, we've all seen it when the team was winning. So why doesnt the stadium offer rally towels or something similar? Why doesn't York step out on the field at half time on opening day and announce that starting this year, everyone will know 49er fans as the loudest fans in the NFL. He then thereafter start an ad campaign (similar to "I want winners") such as: This year's going to be loud.

I'm not saying rally towels or that proposed ad campaign is exactly what we should do. But what I'm sayin is that someone at team headquarters should start a movement when it comes to our crowd noise. It really does help the team in certain situations.

Because the Yorks are cheap. What does it say about them when on "Fan Appreciation Day" they give everyone Victoria Canada luggage tags?? Seriously, could they be any lamer?

Yeah, they're so cheap they give a rookie HC top 10 money.

They're so cheap they gave Nate Clements one of the most lucrative deals in football.

They're so cheap, they gave Patrick Willis 50 million and made Vernon Davis the highest paid TE in league history.

Yorks are cheap, man....
They should run out of a giant a*****e
Originally posted by RonMexico:

Have you seen a picture from inside the tunnel? It sorta does look like they're inside one.
i recommend they come out of a gold miner's open fly... awesome... nah seriously though they need to at least update the colors on that helmet and damn padding on the sides.
Dollar saved is a dollar earned.

I would rather them spend that money on players then worry about a stupid giant helmet.

That being said we still sign any quality free agents.

John York aka Scrooge McDuck

lol i only see it for 2 seconds on tv, im not worried about it
I won't stop there, our stadium music f**king sucks, as well. -The New England Patriots hold numerous polls/fan-reach-out sessions (through their newsletters) about song suggestions during TDs and kick-offs.

Everything about Candlestick is dull, the only thing that sticks out anymore is that draconian security booth in the eastern corner of the stadium (where the neo-fascist security guards hand out awards to fans who rat out other fans).
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I won't stop there, our stadium music f**king sucks, as well. -The New England Patriots hold numerous polls/fan-reach-out sessions (through their newsletters) about song suggestions during TDs and kick-offs.

Everything about Candlestick is dull, the only thing that sticks out anymore is that draconian security booth in the eastern corner of the stadium (where the neo-fascist security guards hand out awards to fans who rat out other fans).

It's actually in the north western corner.
Its a classic........classic piece of s***.
Originally posted by RonMexico:

Lol
Originally posted by susweel:
Dollar saved is a dollar earned.

I would rather them spend that money on players then worry about a stupid giant helmet.

That being said we still sign any quality free agents.

John York aka Scrooge McDuck

The resemblance is uncanny lol.