LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 303 users in the forums

Harbaugh graded David Carr as a 6th Round Draft Pick in 2002

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by GEEK:
I wonder what he graded Alex coming out of college.

I'm wondering the same thing.

rated him as a UFA
The guy couldnt even beat the last place Panthers. Of course he was 6th rounder.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Would be interested to know how he rated Aaron Rodgers also. Rodgers was more 'pro' ready but Smith was more athletic and mobile. They seems to rate equally even with slightly different set of plus and minus. My guess would be they would be first rounder with Harbaugh but in any other year they would be late first to second rounder.

What makes you say Rodgers was more pro ready?, because he wasn't in the shotgun 100%? He completely changed his throwing motion from his college days. He used to hold the ball up with two hands. His motion is now much quicker and his accuracy greatly improved. There is a reason Rodgers was not a top ten pick.

Would Rodgers have been able to make that change if he were drafted by the Nolan regime?
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by GEEK:
I wonder what he graded Alex coming out of college.

I'm wondering the same thing.

rated him as a UFA

Originally posted by endcapitalism:
Would be interested to know how he rated Aaron Rodgers also. Rodgers was more 'pro' ready but Smith was more athletic and mobile. They seems to rate equally even with slightly different set of plus and minus. My guess would be they would be first rounder with Harbaugh but in any other year they would be late first to second rounder.

What makes you say Rodgers was more pro ready?, because he wasn't in the shotgun 100%? He completely changed his throwing motion from his college days. He used to hold the ball up with two hands. His motion is now much quicker and his accuracy greatly improved. There is a reason Rodgers was not a top ten pick.

Would Rodgers have been able to make that change if he were drafted by the Nolan regime?

From what I remember, he played under center in Tedford's offense. People were knocking his throwing motion so he changed it to holding high. Totally stupid. He or the Packers must have thrown all that out and let him throw naturally.

Still in denial that we took the wrong QB I see..
Originally posted by fakers23:

Still in denial that we took the wrong QB I see..

lol rodgers wouldnt have done good here trust me sitting in the same system taking over a 14-2 team and watching brett play up close is much better than

taking over a 2-14 team having sing and nolan as HC habing different oc every year and learning from no one

Carr plays like a 6th trounder thats for sure..

I thnk he has a solid track record of QBs so i'm exited about whoever he drafts.

I think its Ricky Stanzi late or maybe he uses the number 7 on Cam...
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 25, 2011 at 5:21 PM ]
Originally posted by okdkid:
I'm not doubting Harbaugh's ability to evaluate QB talent...

But I'd like to see the list of QBs he got wrong. He has been around plenty long enough to create a sizable list there too.

He can't be perfect...But he does have a solid track record with Josh Johnson and Andrew Luck...he was the one who scouted and molded them.

It's funny cuz Smith was supposed to be more athletic and mobile like you said. However, it's pretty easy to see that Rodgers scrambles much more than Smith and is pretty damn fast.

I think being a QB himself, helps Harbaugh in his judgment of Qbs.

He was a good QB on some pretty awful Colts teams and had success.
Originally posted by Shaj:
when did he publicize his grades, after these players failed or succeeded? I can do that too.

As for him being so high on Smith, he has no choice.

Yeah, exactly. Not sure why people are taking his comments for face value. You guys are gullible if you can't see what Shaj is saying here.

He's got NO qb's on the roster. I'll bet $10,000 right now he's got AS penciled in as a backup. Whatever, insert beat a dead horse sign here.
[ Edited by highwayone on Feb 25, 2011 at 5:52 PM ]
Originally posted by highwayone:
when did he publicize his grades, after these players failed or succeeded? I can do that too.

Yeah, exactly. Not sure why people are taking his comments for face value. You guys are gullible if you can't see what Shaj is saying here.

He's got NO qb's on the roster. I'll bet $10,000 right now he's got AS penciled in as a backup. Whatever, insert beat a dead horse sign here.

if he isnt high on smith why did he offfer smith a contract before match 3rd? he is trying to lock smith up before FA even starts
jim harbaugh & alex smith = superbowl! go niners!!
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by highwayone:

if he isnt high on smith why did he offfer smith a contract before match 3rd? he is trying to lock smith up before FA even starts

Because it's a smart business move. Smith probably isn't biting because it MAY not be the best business decision for him.
Share 49ersWebzone