LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 226 users in the forums

Harbaugh graded David Carr as a 6th Round Draft Pick in 2002

Shop Find 49ers gear online
David Carr - QB - 49ers

As an assistant with the Raiders back in 2002, Jim Harbaugh reportedly graded No. 1 overall pick David Carr as a sixth-rounder.
While Harbaugh has stated his admiration for Alex Smith at least a half-dozen times since taking over as head coach, he's been coy on Carr's status. Based on his initial evaluation, Harbaugh will be looking to move in a different direction at backup QB.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/02/harbaugh-talks.html

I know it would be wreckless to cut this guy under current conditions, but I can't wait for the day this guy is off our roster. I hope he isn't around by the start of the season.
Sounds about right.
i guess it's now safe to say that....Harbaugh....REALLY knows QUARTERBACKS.
Originally posted by TlSSER:
i guess it's now safe to say that....Harbaugh....REALLY knows QUARTERBACKS.

I think he really does. He has a better clue than McDRUNK, NoWin and Dingleberry. Those guys were absolute idiots. Hopefully he can find the right one.
He also rated Joey Harrington as a very poor QB before the draft, and as Tony Romo (undrafted)and David Garrard (4th rnd pick) as 2nd round picks
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
He also rated Joey Harrington as a very poor QB before the draft, and as Tony Romo (undrafted)and David Garrard (4th rnd pick) as 2nd round picks

It's not hard to figure Harbaugh would know QB's. He's been one all his life. And at a later part of his life he's been an expert coach of QB's. So he knows them and knows how to coach them. Things are looking up for us.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

It's not hard to figure Harbaugh would know QB's. He's been one all his life. And at a later part of his life he's been an expert coach of QB's. So he knows them and knows how to coach them. Things are looking up for us.

which is why we should trust him f he says he thinks alex can be a winning qb i mean he did see all of alexs snaps last year
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

which is why we should trust him f he says he thinks alex can be a winning qb i mean he did see all of alexs snaps last year

Dude, just stop mentioning his name in the threads. Soon, we're gonna have every thread with his name mentioned in it locked.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
I wonder what he graded Alex coming out of college.
Originally posted by GEEK:

I'm wondering the same thing.
Originally posted by PTulini:

Based on his comments Id say pretty high

But no one will ever know
Originally posted by PTulini:

If our beat writers weren't so weaksauce, that question would've been answered the day he was hired.

Guessing from how glowing he's been about Alex, one has to assume a first round grade
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
when did he publicize his grades, after these players failed or succeeded? I can do that too.

As for him being so high on Smith, he has no choice.
Share 49ersWebzone