LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 314 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by mayo49:
I'm still jacked.
Originally posted by pelos21:
Bros! In one of my many multiple dreams last night, I dreamt that we crushed someone in our season opener. I don't remember who we played but I just know we killed them.

I seriously had the same dream last night. However, Harbaugh was so creative he lined up a Cheerleader in the backfield and sent her in motion for a 6 yard catch and TD. Everyone on ESPN was like, "We haven't seen someone this creative since Walsh." I woke up with a smile.
................how bout now?
I gotta admit that all this Alex Smith talk has tempered my enthusiasm for Harbaugh. I still love the hire, but his talk suggests we may go for year 7 of the Alex Smith project...
Most draft pundits contend that none of the QBs coming out in the draft this year are ready to start in their rookies years. At the same time, it is clear that about 8 to 10 teams have no top flight veteran QB on their roster. And very few veteran QBs will be available by trade or FA - Palmer, Kolb, Smith. Together, these three situations tell us that there will be intense competition among the 8 to 10 teams to land this limited supply of veterans. It will result in teams willing to overpay (in $/draft choices) the available QBs. This might explain why Alex and his agent appeared determined to not sign an extension with the 49ers. Wait and let the desparate offers come.
Originally posted by excelsior:
Most draft pundits contend that none of the QBs coming out in the draft this year are ready to start in their rookies years. At the same time, it is clear that about 8 to 10 teams have no top flight veteran QB on their roster. And very few veteran QBs will be available by trade or FA - Palmer, Kolb, Smith. Together, these three situations tell us that there will be intense competition among the 8 to 10 teams to land this limited supply of veterans. It will result in teams willing to overpay (in $/draft choices) the available QBs. This might explain why Alex and his agent appeared determined to not sign an extension with the 49ers. Wait and let the desparate offers come.

Yes but Alex overlooked a huge factor on his scouting report: He will be ineffective on any team he plays for until he understands everything.

Basically, teams can re-develop Alex or develop a talented rookie.

This means, Alex will not be offered as much as would be offered to a rookie QB in the first round. Per Alex's scouting report, he is equivalent to a rookie QB if he's in a new system so why pay him as much or even less since he's worth less considering his age and production.
You seem to be ignoring something very important, Joecool. Alex has been in the league for six years. He has played over 40 games against NFL defenses, has grown familiar with NFL defenses, NFL defenders and the speed of the game. Urban Meyer's famous comment was made about a 20-year-old. Alex is now 26, 27? One changes as one matures and has more experience. It just seems logical that Alex is much more "veteran" than any rookie will be.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
I'm still jacked.
Easily the most cerebral coach since Mooch. I like him a lot and feel confident he'll adjust quickly.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
I'm still jacking off.

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I'm still jacking off.

Can we please kill this thread already.
I'm still jacked.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I'm still jacked.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
I gotta admit that all this Alex Smith talk has tempered my enthusiasm for Harbaugh. I still love the hire, but his talk suggests we may go for year 7 of the Alex Smith project...

Exactly.

I'm hoping it's all just trade bait.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I'm still jacked.
Share 49ersWebzone