There are 143 users in the forums

Does anybody agree with Harbaugh in this article?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does anybody agree with Harbaugh in this article?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/30/jim-harbaugh-on-alex-smith-im-excited-to-work-with-him/

Harbaugh said that Alex is a "Very accurate passer". Alex is the exact opposite of an accurate passer. I totally disagree with Harbaugh. The missed throw to Moran Norris in the first game of the season at the goal line in Seattle sums up Alex's career.
A more accurate statement would be, he is an extremley inconsistent accurate passer.
HArballin
Oh my. Another alex smith thread. Brilliant.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Oh my. Another alex smith thread. Brilliant.

At this rate Alex Smith would make the Webzone HoF with how much he's talked about.
when he is not running for his life hes pretty much on the money for the most part so ya i agree.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
A more accurate statement would be, he is an extremley inconsistent accurate passer.

lol
he is accurate with all his passes except his touch passes
So you don't believe in our new HC's QB evaluation skills?

[ Edited by ninertico on Feb 18, 2011 at 8:41 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninertico:
So you don't believe in our new HC's QB evaluation skills?

Accurate passers don't get booed by his home crowd.

I said this before and will beat the dead horse again. Harbaugh is just keeping his options open in an uncertain year due to CBA. He doesn't want to burn bridges. Alex is famliar with the team. Is he what Harbaugh says and does Harbaugh really mean it? Well, its just good poker playing if you ask me, or in football, a good misdirection. why are people so simple minded?
Originally posted by WildBill:
I said this before and will beat the dead horse again. Harbaugh is just keeping his options open in an uncertain year due to CBA. He doesn't want to burn bridges. Alex is famliar with the team. Is he what Harbaugh says and does Harbaugh really mean it? Well, its just good poker playing if you ask me, or in football, a good misdirection. why are people so simple minded?

i think u may be in denial

if its just a poker game there is no need to like alex this much and also there is no point of talking him up this much because its not like they can trade him he is going way above and beyond on what he has t do to let alex join the team if there is no cba

Why does he make no comments about Troy Smith? when he is asked about him he says oh well i dont want to talk about specific players and blah blah but yet he openly talks about Alex Smith?

Harbaugh has said he has studied all potential FA as well as our current players maybe he thinks Alex is the best option for QB.
Apparently having been a NFL qb and the hottest coach coming out of college who had developed a couple of qb, could not compare to some experts on the Zone. This thread is evident, there are many who think they are much more qualified than Harbaugh.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

i think u may be in denial

if its just a poker game there is no need to like alex this much and also there is no point of talking him up this much because its not like they can trade him he is going way above and beyond on what he has t do to let alex join the team if there is no cba

No I am not in denial-several beat writers and analyst have said something to the effect. Why? It has nothing to do with trade. It has to do with making other teams think that the niners might not be that desperate at that position. This is to make them think that the niners might not be after a QB so high in the draft 1rst or 2nd round or even third and that the niners will not be as desperate to trade or get milked in a trade.

So my friend it is you who are in denial and need to learn poker. As I have also said in an uncertain year, alex maybe the only solution till he gets someone he really wants for the second and third year.
Share 49ersWebzone