There are 233 users in the forums

What teams from the past few years do you guys think our O will compare to?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm kind of thinking the 2005 Seahawks right now. Not as good obviously, but they had a pro bowl really talented guard and a sick running back and a bunch of 2 and 3 WRs. That's kind of like us, except we have better talent at TE. There's a good chance we could get a Hasselbeck type QB through trade(like Kolb or Matt Flynn), a guy who is accurate without the biggest arm. Then we should have a creative and good running game. Our OL has the potential to be really good. We don't really have a WR cemented as a #1 but we have some talent there, and I think Kyle Williams could stick out as a slot guy for us potentially. Gore could have a phenominal year. What teams are you guys thinking of?
The 2011 49ers
  • Envy
  • Veteran
I think it will look a lot more like Shanahan's 9ers/Broncos.
I'd say Mariucci's 49ers in the early 90s. Power-running WCO... But I think Harbaugh's version will be better. He's got the most cut-throat take-no-prisoners attitude I've ever seen from an WCO guy.
We wont know until until all of the personnel are in place. 1 or 2 players can drasticly change the game plans. I.e. a good qb and a stud reciever could change weather or not the offence will be able to do what they want or have to scale things back to the our players limitations.

I think once we get the right people in place we will see something resembles what we had in the 80s. Obviously we wont have montana. But similar style. With more virtical pass plays called. Should be fun.
i think were gonna have an offense similar to the falcons
We wont know until we get a serviceable quarterback. Something our team has been missing since Jeff Garcia.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i think were gonna have an offense similar to the falcons

Yeah, thats what I thought, too. Either the Falcons, Giants, Shanahan Broncos, or 2005 Seahawks, IMO.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I'd say Mariucci's 49ers in the early 90s. Power-running WCO... But I think Harbaugh's version will be better. He's got the most cut-throat take-no-prisoners attitude I've ever seen from an WCO guy.

That's what I would hope for, but unfortunately I'm going to go with the 02 Raiders. Yeah, Yeah, I know, I'm not happy about making this statement either(I hate the Raiders), but they had JR, Tim Brown, and Rich Gannon running the thing. They also had a pretty sold running game if I remember correctly. Plus Jim Harbaugh was on Gruden's staff that year, so I could see why it ould appeal to him. Either way, Mooch's teams of the late 90's or Gruden's 02 team, it could prove to be a winning formula for us.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by Wubbie:

That's what I would hope for, but unfortunately I'm going to go with the 02 Raiders. Yeah, Yeah, I know, I'm not happy about making this statement either(I hate the Raiders), but they had JR, Tim Brown, and Rich Gannon running the thing. They also had a pretty sold running game if I remember correctly. Plus Jim Harbaugh was on Gruden's staff that year, so I could see why it ould appeal to him. Either way, Mooch's teams of the late 90's or Gruden's 02 team, it could prove to be a winning formula for us.

Weren't both teams #1 and #2 in rushing at one time?

Stanford?
We will look like Stanford, but with a crappy QB.
All depends on the QB...Who's putting the ball in their hands? Thay have the weapons to be as explosive as anyone in the NFL. Check out this video from the Monday night against the Saints this year - it's pretty funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayKHkKO_d58
If Alex Smith sticks around, the 2005-20010 49ers offense.
browns.
Share 49ersWebzone