There are 220 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

"We want to build a bully." - J.Harbaugh

"We want to build a bully," Jim, you're the sh!t
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Under Harbaugh, Stanford was one of the most dirtiest teams in the Pac-10, Harbaugh was like a Bill Belichick, encouraged his players to act out phony injury time-outs (during crucial points of a game).

Been thinking about this the past couple of weeks, we're going to have a dirty/nasty team similar to the Falcons/Pats (nasty o-linemen who play smart, yet take advantage of opportunities).

You mean like the 80-90 Oline under McKitterik(sp)? At least he didn't say, "Smash Mouth" fer christs sake...
good luck with that jim
Cool
Everybody wants that.
The continuation being the desire for a "tough, rough, physical football team." I don't have a problem with it, particularly because he went on to talk about being creative etc, but it isn't something new and fresh from the spoken desires of Nolan and Sing. That's the personnel we have. He wants to run a lot with Gore getting the vast majority of the touches at RB, which is also nothing new. He's not taking a terribly new approach, but most of us hope he can be more creative and effective in implementing the approach.
I like Harbaugh, but ill believe it when i see it.
Great stuff to hear from Harbaugh!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Under Harbaugh, Stanford was one of the most dirtiest teams in the Pac-10, Harbaugh was like a Bill Belichick, encouraged his players to act out phony injury time-outs (during crucial points of a game).

Been thinking about this the past couple of weeks, we're going to have a dirty/nasty team similar to the Falcons/Pats (nasty o-linemen who play smart, yet take advantage of opportunities).

I am all about smart tough teams. I like a balanced team who can run and pass, but plays some nasty D. Harbaugh fires me up just thinking about making it his way, given time.
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
--What team do you model the 49ers after to make them a champion? Baalke said he's not sure they're going to model themselves after anybody. They want to build a winning organization, Baalke said. They look back at the formulas that have been successful, but they're going to build it their way, he said. "You got to be who you are. We're going to respect what other teams have done, but we're going to build it our way." Harbaugh said they have the best model in all of professional, how the 49ers did it. "We want to build a bully," Harbaugh said.
Read more: Harbaugh, Baalke answer questions from 49ers fans
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story


For some reason this one line of Harbaugh's really got me pumped. For years now, I've watch 49er games never more than hoping we would be lucky enough to eek out a victory. Long gone are the days when I turned on a Niner game only to wonder how much we would win by and not if we would win. So when Harbaugh said, "we want to build a bully," I near jumped out of my chair. Oh how I hope the Niners get it right this time, because I'd love to watch a bully on Sunday morning.

Sing said that same stuff with our ol.....but i actually believe our new coach can do that. All we need is another fight guard and we will win our division as is. Even with our qb situation and our cbs.

as is? that's a reach, i don't think Troy smith can do it.....

ooo I do
Great concept. A new attitude. Hooray
  • dmax
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,969
Didnt coach "dingleberry and idiot nolan" say the same things...really

I just want ...."a good offensive gameplan/structure"

[ Edited by dmax on Feb 16, 2011 at 06:39:06 ]
Originally posted by dmax:
Didnt coach "dingleberry and idiot nolan" say the same things...really

I just want ...."a good offensive gameplan/structure"

It's football. No one says I want to build the silly nannies.
Originally posted by dmax:
Didnt coach "dingleberry and idiot nolan" say the same things...really

I just want ...."a good offensive gameplan/structure"

Well he also said he want´s to create a Creative, tough, ruff, physical football team.
Also just because Nolan and Sing were unable to turn words into action, it doesn´t mean that everybody else is as inept as they were. [/b]
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
--What team do you model the 49ers after to make them a champion? Baalke said he's not sure they're going to model themselves after anybody. They want to build a winning organization, Baalke said. They look back at the formulas that have been successful, but they're going to build it their way, he said. "You got to be who you are. We're going to respect what other teams have done, but we're going to build it our way." Harbaugh said they have the best model in all of professional, how the 49ers did it. "We want to build a bully," Harbaugh said.
Read more: Harbaugh, Baalke answer questions from 49ers fans
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story


For some reason this one line of Harbaugh's really got me pumped. For years now, I've watch 49er games never more than hoping we would be lucky enough to eek out a victory. Long gone are the days when I turned on a Niner game only to wonder how much we would win by and not if we would win. So when Harbaugh said, "we want to build a bully," I near jumped out of my chair. Oh how I hope the Niners get it right this time, because I'd love to watch a bully on Sunday morning.

Sing said that same stuff with our ol.....but i actually believe our new coach can do that. All we need is another fight guard and we will win our division as is. Even with our qb situation and our cbs.

as is? that's a reach, i don't think Troy smith can do it.....

No not a reach at all.....in our division it is not a reach. We have the best d the best running game best te....and with alex smith the best or at least similar qb.....without alex our qb takes a bit of a hit bit still on d running game and te we could win the division with these new coaches ALONE

Sorry, but there's no way Alex Smith is the best QB in the division (if he stays). Sam Bradford was better last year and will probably get a lot better than that this year. No chance.
If you check, Smith's rating was well above Bradford's.

This past season, Hasselback was the best in the division. Smith was #2. Bradford #3. AZ not in the mix.