LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 131 users in the forums

"We want to build a bully." - J.Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
--What team do you model the 49ers after to make them a champion? Baalke said he's not sure they're going to model themselves after anybody. They want to build a winning organization, Baalke said. They look back at the formulas that have been successful, but they're going to build it their way, he said. "You got to be who you are. We're going to respect what other teams have done, but we're going to build it our way." Harbaugh said they have the best model in all of professional, how the 49ers did it. "We want to build a bully," Harbaugh said.
Read more: Harbaugh, Baalke answer questions from 49ers fans
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

For some reason this one line of Harbaugh's really got me pumped. For years now, I've watch 49er games never more than hoping we would be lucky enough to eek out a victory. Long gone are the days when I turned on a Niner game only to wonder how much we would win by and not if we would win. So when Harbaugh said, "we want to build a bully," I near jumped out of my chair. Oh how I hope the Niners get it right this time, because I'd love to watch a bully on Sunday morning.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
--What team do you model the 49ers after to make them a champion? Baalke said he's not sure they're going to model themselves after anybody. They want to build a winning organization, Baalke said. They look back at the formulas that have been successful, but they're going to build it their way, he said. "You got to be who you are. We're going to respect what other teams have done, but we're going to build it our way." Harbaugh said they have the best model in all of professional, how the 49ers did it. "We want to build a bully," Harbaugh said.
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

For some reason this one line of Harbaugh's really got me pumped. For years now, I've watch 49er games never more than hoping we would be lucky enough to eek out a victory. Long gone are the days when I turned on a Niner game only to wonder how much we would win by and not if we would win. So when Harbaugh said, "we want to build a bully," I near jumped out of my chair. Oh how I hope the Niners get it right this time, because I'd love to watch a bully on Sunday morning.

Sing said that same stuff with our ol.....but i actually believe our new coach can do that. All we need is another fight guard and we will win our division as is. Even with our qb situation and our cbs.
Originally posted by elguapo:

Sing said that same stuff with our ol.....but i actually believe our new coach can do that. All we need is another fight guard and we will win our division as is. Even with our qb situation and our cbs.

as is? that's a reach, i don't think Troy smith can do it.....
Under Harbaugh, Stanford was one of the most dirtiest teams in the Pac-10, Harbaugh was like a Bill Belichick, encouraged his players to act out phony injury time-outs (during crucial points of a game).

Been thinking about this the past couple of weeks, we're going to have a dirty/nasty team similar to the Falcons/Pats (nasty o-linemen who play smart, yet take advantage of opportunities).
Originally posted by elguapo:

Unlike Sing, Harbaugh is talking more than physical. I believe he is talking about the aggressiveness of the overall philosophy. The idea that winning by 7 points is almost losing. The mentality that says we want to beat you so bad in the first three quarters that you are playing our 3rd string QB in the fourth. That's what I picture when he talks about bullying.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Feb 15, 2011 at 20:43:07 ]
Works for me.
It definitely seems possible that he may have a little bit of Bellicheck (sp?) attributes. He doesn't care if winning by 20 points, he will keep throwing the ball and trying to score more TDs. I am perfectly okay if Harbaugh does this as well!!!
I presume we will have tougher nutcracker drills then.

Originally posted by SJniner7:
It definitely seems possible that he may have a little bit of Bellicheck (sp?) attributes. He doesn't care if winning by 20 points, he will keep throwing the ball and trying to score more TDs. I am perfectly okay if Harbaugh does this as well!!!

I miss the days when Seifert's teams would vanquish our foes by 30, 40 pts a game.
Singletary and Nolan want to hang close, win the game in the 4th quarter. Walsh and Harbaugh want to demoralized the other team the first 3 quarters, then run out the clock in the fourth. Defensive mentality verses offensive mentality. Big difference.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Singletary and Nolan want to hang close, win the game in the 4th quarter. Walsh and Harbaugh want to demoralized the other team the first 3 quarters, then run out the clock in the fourth. Defensive mentality verses offensive mentality. Big difference.

this
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Under Harbaugh, Stanford was one of the most dirtiest teams in the Pac-10, Harbaugh was like a Bill Belichick, encouraged his players to act out phony injury time-outs (during crucial points of a game).

Been thinking about this the past couple of weeks, we're going to have a dirty/nasty team similar to the Falcons/Pats (nasty o-linemen who play smart, yet take advantage of opportunities).

Does this mean our OLinemen won't be complaining about being grabbed in the groin? Be the grabber not the grabbed? Sounds a little like a Bobb McKittrick line.
Share 49ersWebzone