Originally posted by valrod33:
sign: Nnamdi Asomugha (5 years-65 mil)
trade:Carson Palmer
draft: Von Miller OLB Texas A&M.

This
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
The truth is it is very likely the CBA situation is going to screw us...hence why they didnt launch Alex out of a cannon and into the bay after the season ended.

That why I responed with what I want if everything went perfect...

The reality could very easily be, no trades or free agents.

In that case we would likely resign Alex, Draft Prince and try to get a guy like Locker in the late first early second...then go after pass rush.

My hope is that the CBA gets settled and we get QB or Corner locked up prior to the draft through Free agency and/or trades...if not both. Man this team would be ready to roll with Kolb, Miller, and once more decent corner...I think Asmougha is a dream that wont pan out, but there is Still Bailey or even Cromartie who are going to be available and will be upgrades over what we have.

Yep, then Harbaugh, will have to polish a turd, and make Alex shine! Let's all hope he can, if not it will be the death of his coaching career.

Harbaugh is too smart to rely on one guy to come through. If he keeps Smith, trades for Johnson (or another young guy who knows his system), and drafts a guy with potential I won't worry about his career depending on Smith reaching his potenial.

Over the past six years they have brought in journeymen QBs to compete with Smith, not potenial stars. JTO was a system guy and none of the others really had game (even though S Hill had moxy). Harbaugh will put his reputation on the line of picking good QBs, but it will be based on all the people he brings on board.

yup!
Originally posted by montana4ever:

This
It is highly unlikely the CBA will be done by draft day thus trades I feel mitigate trades of a big nature...so I will keep it simple, what is above, minus palmer, but add a QB say Ponder in the 2nd and Hassleback in FA.
Ideal scenario
FA: Nnamdi Asomugha
Trade: Palmer(Eagles want too much for Kolb)
Draft: Vonn Miller(with Andy Dalton in the 2nd)

Backup scenario
FA: Champ Bailey
Trade: Kolb(sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do)
Draft: Justin Houston

In the backup scenario, I'm assuming our 1st rounder went to Philly, Houston slides a little, and we package our 2nd and 4th(or something) to move up. Plus, it lets me put two Bulldogs on the team.

In the ideal scenario, that could really help offset some of the damage from any lockout. It's usually the defenses that start off well in TC and preseason while the offenses have to find their timing, etc. Add a legit lock-down corner and a kid with great passrush potential to our already stout run D, and it's a defense that can win some games. That may not be what we want to hear in the Post-Singletary era, but an extended lockout would effectively kill our chances at having a really dynamic offense, at least for the first half of the season. I'll take winning for now, and winning 49er-style next season.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
FA: A.Smith
Trade for: Matt Flynn
Draft Rd 1: Vonn Miller or P. Peterson
Rd 2: Christian Ponder FSU
Rd 3: Titus Young
  • rob28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Sign: Nnamdi Asomugha (5 yrs = Vet Minimum...haha)

Trade: Carson Palmer (2011 3rd rd and 2012 2nd rd picks)

Draft: CB Peterson (falls to us at #7 after two QBs are picked early in Top 6).

DREAM!!

I think Spencer can be a very good #2 CB. That's a lot of money tied up in 1 position on the field. A pass rusher would be awesome. The we could have an above average: QB, TE, RB, CB, OLB, and ILB

no spencer sucks like every other cb on the team.

This

Boner city.
Originally posted by ninertico:
LaMarr Woodley
Josh Johnson
Patrick Peterson

or

Nnamdi Asomugha
Josh Johnson
Von Miller

I hear that one, Woodley is a good/great pass rusher that may help us the next 6 years, but Von Miller could give us 10 if he can produce at the next level and Nnamdi is a great player along with Patrick Peterson, if I had to chose, I would struggle to make this decision, lol.

I would also do what Walsh loved to do and that is to evaluate the draft to see if there is anyone there who would help us out the most and if potentially the higher end looks like busts, make the trade with another team and maybe get a 2nd or a third in next years draft and the swap of the first. Maybe even take a chance at an injured player, who fell because of the injury, but also would become that super star once the injury was corrected/rehabed and are the type of injuries that players can come back from. And with the additional picks attained in the draft, I can see taking chances at these types of players because with additional picks we are actually increasing our chances of landing someone special, Bill was a genius in his approaches and I totally loved his approaches and I think in today's nfl, his approaches are even more important to master because competition is that much harder to draft great players.
FA Asomugha
Trade Carson Palmer
Draft Prince

This seems pretty realistic. Palmer wants to leave Cincy, Von Miller or Quinn should be available, and Asomugha is a no brainer.

I liked Palmer before he started getting dinged up and having yoyos for WRs. Can't imagine the headaches he has after practices. Palmer, Smith, and a rookie would be a nice combination of upside potential.

Quinn if preferable to me over Miller but the 9ers need a pass rush. If Peterson is there then Aso and Peterson would be quite difficult to turn down.

Only offensive player worthy of #7 seems to be Green, but I have not seen him drop that low in any mock.
I can't top global...we get a shut-down CB, top-flight pass rusher and a QB in his prime to run Harbaugh's WCO. So, Asomugha, Miller and Kolb it is.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
FA = Alex Smith

Trade = Justin Smith for Vince Young

7 = Locker (groom)

That's a f'd up dream

This

That could be our best bet now with a lock out. I wonder how the lock out will effect what Nnamdi does.
It cracks me up how before the combine every mock draft had Peterson falling to us at #7. But after he runs a 4.34 in the 40. They have him falling nowhere near to the niners. Which is ludacris; because that is exactly the speed he was projected to run, and about accurate of his game time speed. Not trying to be optimistic but Peterson will be there for us at #7
My dream is to have Alex Smith never put on a 49ers uniform ever again. The fans have been tortured for too long. Look at all the stats: He is a loser in the NFL.