There are 252 users in the forums

Your dream 2011 FA/ trade Post Draft Edition

Shop Find 49ers gear online
sign: Nnamdi Asomugha
trade:Carson Palmer
draft:Patrick Peterson

I know we need a pass rusher but our secondary is just so f**king awful we need both Asomugha and Peterson.
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:

I know we need a pass rusher but our secondary is just so f**king awful we need both Asomugha and Peterson.

Our secondary wouldn't be so awful if we HAD a pass rusher. A pass rush compliments the secondary. If there's no pressure on the QB at all, ANY secondary will be picked apart. That's why I disagree with your draft choice. Von Miller IMO. But, then again that's still no guarantee that he's going to solve our pass rushing problems. Although anyone's better than Haralson.
Originally posted by Solace49:

Our secondary wouldn't be so awful if we HAD a pass rusher. A pass rush compliments the secondary. If there's no pressure on the QB at all, ANY secondary will be picked apart. That's why I disagree with your draft choice. Von Miller IMO. But, then again that's still no guarantee that he's going to solve our pass rushing problems. Although anyone's better than Haralson.

maybe your right we should probably get either Miller or if available Bowers. Its just I felt the secondary's depth was bad so we needed both peterson and Asomugha.
Originally posted by Solace49:

maybe your right we should probably get either Miller or if available Bowers. Its just I felt the secondary's depth was bad so we needed both peterson and Asomugha.

Probably. I mean it couldn't hurt that's for sure. Hopefully we could somehow squeeze a decent pass rusher in there.
Assuming CBA is not resolved prior to this years draft, use first pick and trade back with Redskins. We get there first and third in exchange. At 10 we draft what I believe is our greatest need beyond QB and that is a WR that can challenge the entire field Julio Jones. Crabtree doesnt scare anybody, move him to the slot. After CBA resolved trade next years 2nd rounder for Carson Palmer. and FA agent signing most important Nande. By the way if the CBA is resolved prior to the draft I would do the same thing. With remaining picks I would target Claiborn DE (2nd), DeMarco Murray RB, Dontay Moch OLB, (3rd), Patrick CB and big body DT (4th), Froman (QB) and Jackson (OG) in 6th and 7th, use 5th as bait to manuever picks.
Originally posted by global_nomad:

sign: Nnamdi Asomugha (5 years-65 mil)
trade: Kevin Kolb (2011 2nd round, 2012 2nd round, 2013 3rd round picks)
draft: Von Miller OLB Texas A&M.
trade:Kevin Kolb
draft: Patrick Peterson
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by global_nomad:

trade: Kevin Kolb (2011 2nd round, 2012 2nd round, 2013 3rd round picks)
draft: Von Miller OLB Texas A&M.

This.

Or McNabb for no draft picks instead. I'm not sure if Kolb is a long-term answer worthy of that many draft picks.

Either way, we need a QB (or 2), a pass rusher and at least one upgrade @ CB on defense.
Go for it!
This is my first post so be nice.

trade:Peyton Manning (for all 3 of our Smiths)
draft: Marcell Dareus

Championship!

trade: Larry Fitzgerald
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Peyton Manning
Originally posted by Chief:
Peyton Manning

Naw! What's he done lately?
Dream Version:
Sign Nnamdi
Trade Haralson for Clay Matthews, Jr.

Realistic Version:
Sign J. Joseph
Trade Carr for a Bag of Cheetos.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Dream Version:
Sign Nnamdi
Trade Haralson for Clay Matthews, Jr.

Realistic Version:
Sign J. Joseph
Trade Carr for a Bag of Cheetos.

idk cheetos taste pretty good you might be able to get some plain chips for him...lol
Share 49ersWebzone