There are 179 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Your dream 2011 FA/ trade Post Draft Edition

The truth is it is very likely the CBA situation is going to screw us...hence why they didnt launch Alex out of a cannon and into the bay after the season ended.

That why I responed with what I want if everything went perfect...

The reality could very easily be, no trades or free agents.

In that case we would likely resign Alex, Draft Prince and try to get a guy like Locker in the late first early second...then go after pass rush.

My hope is that the CBA gets settled and we get QB or Corner locked up prior to the draft through Free agency and/or trades...if not both. Man this team would be ready to roll with Kolb, Miller, and once more decent corner...I think Asmougha is a dream that wont pan out, but there is Still Bailey or even Cromartie who are going to be available and will be upgrades over what we have.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
The truth is it is very likely the CBA situation is going to screw us...hence why they didnt launch Alex out of a cannon and into the bay after the season ended.

In that case we would likely resign Alex, Draft Prince and try to get a guy like Locker in the late first early second...then go after pass rush.

My hope is that the CBA gets settled and we get QB or Corner locked up prior to the draft through Free agency and/or trades...if not both. Man this team would be ready to roll with Kolb, Miller, and once more decent corner...I think Asmougha is a dream that wont pan out, but there is Still Bailey or even Cromartie who are going to be available and will be upgrades over what we have.

did you read page 1 "CBA agree aside, just for fun "
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
1. FA- Harvey Dahl (RG)
2. Trade- Kyle Orton (QB)
3. Draft- Prince Akamura (CB)...

GOOD ONE .... I TRADE FOR BREES

HEHEHEHEHEHE

GREETINGS FROM LIMA - PERU
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Sign Peyton Manning.

Manning + Harbaugh = at least 1 Lombardi Trophy

Why not aim high as long as we're just dreamin?

IT´S A WIN WIN SITUATION.......BUT ONLY IF WE DRAFT A QB IN THE 3RD ROUND

GREETINGS FROM LIMA - PERU
Originally posted by global_nomad:

did you read page 1 "CBA agree aside, just for fun "

I was resonding to the tone of the posts after my first one where I answered the OP...did you read the rest of the thread before your snarky response ?
The CBA will screw over all teams with new coaches, new systems and new QB's. Established teams will have a head start, and the rest will play catch up.
Originally posted by 5280High:
The CBA will screw over all teams with new coaches, new systems and new QB's. Established teams will have a head start, and the rest will play catch up.

Good point! Guess if the 9ers have to have a screwed up year it's better this year than next, when they will hopefully be improving with experience. Plus, if there is a silver lining to this cloud, they could have the first pick in next years draft--though I can't see Harbaugh having a worse year than Singletary even with everything going against him!
U said "your dream" so...

FA: Nnamdi Asomugha

Trade: Aaron Rodgers

Pick: Von Miller

= Superbowl
[ Edited by Hitman49 on Feb 16, 2011 at 2:25 PM ]
Originally posted by 5280High:

so what? everyone knew that in December.
FA: Nnamdi Asomugha

Trade: Matt flynn

Pick: Von Miller
id rather have flyn than kolb or palmer and he is flying way more under the radar but i think he can be great.

Yep, then Harbaugh, will have to polish a turd, and make Alex shine! Let's all hope he can, if not it will be the death of his coaching career.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

Yep, then Harbaugh, will have to polish a turd, and make Alex shine! Let's all hope he can, if not it will be the death of his coaching career.

Harbaugh is too smart to rely on one guy to come through. If he keeps Smith, trades for Johnson (or another young guy who knows his system), and drafts a guy with potential I won't worry about his career depending on Smith reaching his potenial.

Over the past six years they have brought in journeymen QBs to compete with Smith, not potenial stars. JTO was a system guy and none of the others really had game (even though S Hill had moxy). Harbaugh will put his reputation on the line of picking good QBs, but it will be based on all the people he brings on board.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Feb 21, 2011 at 10:48 AM ]
FA: Nnamdi Asomugha would be a dream come true for all niners fan.

Trade: Palmer would sense here.

Draft: If we get Asomugha than Von Miller or Robert Quinn if not than most def Peterson or Amukamara..
sign: Cullen Jenkins dt and or carlos rogers db
trade:none
draft: Von Miller and a qb in the 2nd or 3rd rd

now we have upgrades at dl-cb-lb-qb,with 8 picks left in the draft=depth