There are 141 users in the forums

Your dream 2011 FA/ trade Post Draft Edition

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sign: sign: Nnamdi Asomugha
trade: Kyle Orton
draft: Von Miller OLB Texas A&M.

and to make the dream really unrealistic

Supplemental draft: A. Luck QB Stanford
Luck pulls a Manning but with a twist and declares for the supplemental draft right after the CBA is struck. He publically says he will sit out the year and will not play for anyone but the 49ers and Jim Harbaugh. After surverying the league, Baalke only has to bid a 3rd rounder to secure Luck.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Sign Peyton Manning.

Manning + Harbaugh = at least 1 Lombardi Trophy

Why not aim high as long as we're just dreamin?
sign: nnamdi + champ bailey
trade: kolb
draft: von miller
  • cools
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
Sign: sign: Nnamdi Asomugha
trade: Kyle Orton

and to make the dream really unrealistic

Supplemental draft: A. Luck QB Stanford
Luck pulls a Manning but with a twist and declares for the supplemental draft right after the CBA is struck. He publically says he will sit out the year and will not play for anyone but the 49ers and Jim Harbaugh. After surverying the league, Baalke only has to bid a 3rd rounder to secure Luck.

Nice
Sign: Lamarr Woodley
Trade: Carson Palmer
Draft: Von Miller

That pass rush would be super scary and the LB's would be awesome. Could create pressure from any of the LB's position and it would help out the secondary.
Dream "realistic" offseson...

#1 FA- Asomugha #2 FA- McNabb
Trade for- Tim Tebow (my favorite non-49er player) but seriously I would love to see him in a West Coast offense ran by Jim Harbaugh.
Draft-
1st rd. Prince Amukama CB Nebraska 6'1 200 lbs( If Peterson's gone)
2nd rd. very torn. In my original draft I had us going Moffit to replace Chilo but that was b/c I just watch Chilo's season recap and was very angry. I don't think we need an OG this high. with that being said i'm torn between 4 players.
Phil Taylor DT Baylor 6-4/340 (we wont franchise Franklin b/c it's too much money, Taylor could step in and be that clog in the middle)
DeMarco Murray RB Oklahoma 6-1/207 (we have our all around back in Gore, we have our big back in Dixon, this is our 4.4 (4.37 personal best)speed back but he is so much more then that. He is a great pass catcher and can run inside. To have him sit behind Gore for a few years and learn he could be our next star RB.
Bruce Carter OLB North Carolina 6-3/235 (injured in 2010 so he should slip to the 2nd rd. was one of the best linebackers in the country coming into 2010. Good pass rusher but really does it all.)
Marvin Austin DT North Carolina 6-2/312 (off the field issues to deal with, not to mention didn't play at all 2010 b/c of suspension. Smaller then Taylor however he's very similar to the DT Harbaugh had at Stanford. Not to mention Austin is easily a top 20 player if your judging on the field ability.)
3rd rd Christian Ponder QB Florida St 6'3 228 lbs. (This is where we draft our QB of the future, I personally had no idea who it was until I saw Ponder perform at practice and during the game at the Senior Bowl. He made great decisions, was very accurate and came from a pro style offense. My biggest fear is he was too good at the Senior Bowl and now won't last til the 3rd rd. Having him sit and learn the West Coast offense behind McNabb (who is a master of it by now) for 2-3 years we will FINALLY have the QB that will lead us to our next Super Bowl, Hopefully #7 b/c McNabb will lead us to 1. a guy can dream can't he?
4th rd. Greg Romeus DE Pittsburgh 6'6 270 (again 1st rd talent that will fall b/c he has been injury prone. I just hope he falls this far. If he does and stays healthy he has steal of the draft potential. Kind of like Gore beind drafted in the 3rd rd b/c he was injury prone. That worked out pretty decent for us.)
4th rd 2nd pick- Greg Salas WR Hawaii 6'2 200 lbs or Austin Pettis WR Boise St 6'3 200 lbs (Big receivers with great hands. Just what we need!!)
5th rd. Owen Marecic FB Stanford 6'1 245lbs. (I have a feeling Harbaugh would LOVE to get his guy. He would be an on the field teacher for Gore and the other key players. He already pretty much knows Harbaugh's system, not to mention he steps in to be our starting FB and most likely and outstanding ST player)

I'm only gonna go to the 5th rd. b/c after that your mostly drafting for depth unless you find a gem somewhere along the lines. I def believe they're there Harbaugh and his men just need to do their homework. Here is my dream offseason!!! Any thoughts???????????
Originally posted by valrod33:
sign: Nnamdi Asomugha (5 years-65 mil)
trade:Carson Palmer

Or Quinn if Miller is taken by Buffalo at #3 and he's still on the board..

I like what you got there though... I think Harbaugh would go a long way towards salvaging Carson Palmer's career or at the very least making him extremely serviceable till Harbaugh finds his guy....

Damn that CBA bulls**t!! Get it done effing Owners and NFLPA!!!!!
isnt lamarr woodly like 33? why does everyone want to pick him up?
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

that would be james harrison i think. Woodley is 25-26 years old i think
sign: Asomugha

trade: Palmer

draft: Peterson

[ Edited by mryan1004 on Feb 13, 2011 at 13:43:04 ]

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
FA: Nnamdi Asomugha
Trade: Swap #1's with Philly for Kevin Kolb.
Draft: Justin Houston OLB/Georgia with the 23rd pick.

why?????????????? Kolb is not worth it!
Originally posted by mryan1004:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
FA: Nnamdi Asomugha
Trade: Swap #1's with Philly for Kevin Kolb.
Draft: Justin Houston OLB/Georgia with the 23rd pick.

why?????????????? Kolb is not worth it!

He's not worth a high first round pick, but I'd swap draft first round position with Philly in a heartbeat for Kolb. I think he'd be worth it!
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Woodley is 26
sign asomugha or woodley
trade for palmer
draft peterson, green or quinn
  • buhda
  • Veteran
re sign franklin and lawson sign ike taylor
trade for flynn 3rd rd.,and 7th rnd.
draft peterson or quinn
Share 49ersWebzone