Your dream 2011 FA/ trade Post Draft Edition

FA = Alex Smith

Trade = Justin Smith for Vince Young

7 = Locker (groom)
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
FA = Alex Smith

7 = Locker (groom)

Justin Smith? For a guy without a team? Isn't there someone else the 9ers can trade other than their only first rate DE?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
FA = Alex Smith

7 = Locker (groom)

Justin Smith? For a guy without a team? Isn't there someone else the 9ers can trade other than their only first rate DE?

I'm just trolling. I apologize...
Part One of my dream offseason already happened getting Harbaugh.
I hope we resign our FA players first. Then we need to shoot for impact players at OLB, CB, and QB.
Sign FA: Nnamdi Asomugha, CB
trade: none
draft: Von Miller OLB Texas A&M.
Supplemental draft: Andrew Luck, QB

Some one else finally added Luck to their list. I would love to see this happen. It won't, but it's the time of year to dream after another year of having them crushed.
FA: woodly
draft:peterson
trade: caliber NT
Originally posted by buhda:
re sign franklin and lawson sign ike taylor
trade for flynn 3rd rd.,and 7th rnd.
draft peterson or quinn

not bad
Originally posted by global_nomad:
If you could pick 1 trade, 1 FA signing, and name your 1st round pick who would it be. CBA agree aside, just for fun name who you would go after.

For example:

sign: Nnamdi Asomugha (5 years-65 mil)
trade: Kevin Kolb (2011 2nd round, 2012 2nd round, 2013 3rd round picks)
draft: Von Miller OLB Texas A&M.

This would instantly make our team go from a potential team of maybe 4 Pro Bowlers, to a team of 7-8 potential pro bowlers.

This is 100% what I want.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
FA = Alex Smith

7 = Locker (groom)

Hook, line & sinker!
Sign: McNabb
Trade: D. Carr for some Chicken McNuggets
Draft: A QB

QB problem solved and McNuggets to boot. Top that.
FA: Nnamdi
Trade: draft pick for Carson Palmer
Draft: Von Miller and trade our second & fourth round and move back into the first to draft Locker

Get rid of Alex Smith and have a nice day.
Sign: Woodley
Trade: Matt Flynn
Draft: Von Miller
I like Carson Palmer but isn't he a number system guy? I think I like Kolb better. He's young and he has been tutored in the WCO.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Draft: Von Miller and trade our second & fourth round and move back into the first to draft Locker

This would pretty ideal and relatively feasible.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by bigmike55:

This would pretty ideal and relatively feasible.

Yeah throw our big money at Nnamdi. I'm sure he would highly consider the 49ers since he's already living in the Bay Area. We would not need to spend our first rounder on a CB.

Carson Palmer would be a good QB to have while we groom a rookie. He's got the experience, a decent supporting cast and most importantly a QB friendly coach. And it only helps that he wants out of Cinci. He is a huge upgrade over Alex Smith, then again anyone would be.

Von Miller would be the prototypical rush OLB that we've been lacking to put some real pressure on opposing QBs. He's got freakish athletic ability and pure speed coming around the edge. Instant starter.

Lastly we have Locker. Definitely a risk anytime you draft a QB in the first round. He has all the physical tools and intangibles. Sure he needs to work on his accuracy, but I'm sure Harbaugh would do wonders with him. Give him a year or two to learn the offense and he'll be good to go.

[ Edited by bigmike55 on Feb 14, 2011 at 21:53:59 ]
One fear I have regarding this CBA situation is that the pieces could fall the wrong way for the 9ers. Hope not! But, it is possible that the 9ers best choices for FA and the draft turn out to be the same position...leaving other positions unchanged. Not that it would be a bad thing to wind up with the best FA CB and Peterson/Prince to choose from, but the #7 pick should ideally be used for the position they can't fill with FAs.