There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Honest Expectations of 2011 Season...

Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
Simply what it says, in your opinion, (although you may wish for playoffs) what do you truly expect to see out of the San Francisco 49ers & JH next season?

I expect to see new offensive schemes that keep defenses on their feet, and our defense to get pressure like we're supposed to. Hopefully we keep our LB combination of Manny, Willis, Ahmad, and Takeo. Might not happen, but although each one had some off games, they each definitely got to the QB or stuffed the run, a great combo for a defense IMO.

I expect Harbaugh to seriously lead us in the right direction and it should be a very positive season, its a new surrounding (the coaching staff) for the players and should be a refreshing feeling for them, and allow them to play football the way they should be playing. West Coast offensively, and Hard Hitting defense.

Like I said, I expect it to be a very positive season, this should be the start of something great.

Go Niners.

it all depends on who our qb is and how he plays. it could be 6-10 or 10-6
Originally posted by PTulini:
Ask me once we know who is our starting QB.

True.

Do you see any QB's outside of Kolb, Mcnabb and Alex that we could get?

And of course there's always the draft
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:

True.

Do you see any QB's outside of Kolb, Mcnabb and Alex that we could get?

And of course there's always the draft

we need to get a Vet QB and draft a QB for down the line.
lets look at the rest of the division for this answer....i think the seahawks fall next season....barely snuck in this year hasselback is a year older

i think the cards are about the same unless they trade for a decent starting qb

rams are the wildcard i really cant guess if they are actually rising or if this was just a fluke season....i think they will def. be good in a couple of years just not sure if they will repeat the magic they had this past year

i think we will fall in our usual 8-8ish record which unfortunately may win this division
I will put myself in the "I don't have a clue in hell how next season will go" category.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Cut down on the stupid penalties and mistakes. A veteran stop gap QB and a rookie QB who plays in garbage time and shows progress. Also at least 8-8 on top of that.
Would expect a somewhat painful 1st year for Harbaugh as players learn the system and he tries to find the pieces. 2nd year could be big if he finds his QB. I do not expect him to sit and watch as OLinemen whiff on blocks, WRs refuse to complete their routes or QBs do not show leadership qualities. But also do not see him screaming mindlessly at the QBs as they come off the field. Expect a lot of game time teaching.

Outside chance of 8-8 or 9-9 record 1st year if everything goes perfectly.

[ Edited by dtg_9er on Feb 8, 2011 at 19:44:13 ]
7-9
All depends on the QB to me... If it the same one as last year... Expect 6 and 10 or 7 and 9...
Superbowl or bust! The same expectations I have every year.
No better than .500
If we keep Alex Smith 7-9. If we pick up a veteran QB via trade like Kolb or McNabb 8-8 or 9-7. If we go with Carr and a rookie this year 6-10, possibly 5-11. Of course this is my thinking as of today. Once I know about the status of the CBA, the draft and our free agent pick ups, I'll probably have a more solid prediction. However, my excitement towards the beginning of football season tends to skew any logical prediction I may offer with pure blind optimism that the 49ers will make it to the playoffs.
Originally posted by 49erJim:

you did not hear? Were going to give Alex 5 more seasons....

Jim Harbaugh... is that you!?
16-2 we're going to rest our starters the last two games of the new 18 game season and have a first round bye.
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:
If we keep Alex Smith 7-9. If we pick up a veteran QB via trade like Kolb or McNabb 8-8 or 9-7. If we go with Carr and a rookie this year 6-10, possibly 5-11. Of course this is my thinking as of today. Once I know about the status of the CBA, the draft and our free agent pick ups, I'll probably have a more solid prediction. However, my excitement towards the beginning of football season tends to skew any logical prediction I may offer with pure blind optimism that the 49ers will make it to the playoffs.

I agree it all dpends on QB.. if it Kolb,McNab,Palmer or someone like that. Then I get excited. If it status quo... Sorry,I wont bother watching... I have seen the movie before. It always ends bad..

[ Edited by fakers23 on Feb 8, 2011 at 20:08:11 ]