LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

Harbaughs first month as a Niners

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'll tell you this, if Harbaugh does convince A. Smith to stay, it'll be his best chance to succeed. Personally, I don't think AS has what it takes to be a starter in a WCO. But if anyone can turn his career around, it's Harbaugh, not the two previous defensive-minded coaches.

Also, really enjoyed reading the three-part series on Harbaugh's first month. I had high expectations when Nolan first came around, then when that failed, thought Singletary could do something with the talent he inherited, but saw failure when Raye was hired. Harbaugh seemed to do everything right from OC to DC to position coaches and assistants. A little surprised that R. Brown left for same job with Panthers, but whatever. Still, I feel good that this coaching staff can finally do something with the talent we have and utilize it correctly to give us the best possible chance to succeed and win.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
I'll tell you this, if Harbaugh does convince A. Smith to stay, it'll be his best chance to succeed. Personally, I don't think AS has what it takes to be a starter in a WCO. But if anyone can turn his career around, it's Harbaugh, not the two previous defensive-minded coaches.

Also, really enjoyed reading the three-part series on Harbaugh's first month. I had high expectations when Nolan first came around, then when that failed, thought Singletary could do something with the talent he inherited, but saw failure when Raye was hired. Harbaugh seemed to do everything right from OC to DC to position coaches and assistants. A little surprised that R. Brown left for same job with Panthers, but whatever. Still, I feel good that this coaching staff can finally do something with the talent we have and utilize it correctly to give us the best possible chance to succeed and win.

The Ray Brown departure wasn't a huge shock to me. After Drevno was hired Brown was essentially the 3rd wheel on a three headed OL staff where he was tabbed to coach OT's and TE's. The position he took in Carolina was the same position he had for us in 2010.
Share 49ersWebzone