LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 375 users in the forums

Official: Our #1 rival thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Official: Our #1 rival thread

Who is our number one all-time rival for YOU? AKA all time most hated team..

Everyone knows the history. As bad as i hated the cowboys, we've had revenge on them. The Packers have f$&?£ed us over time and time again.. and it's almost as if they WANTED to humiliate us by taking Rodgers and McCarthy. Favre went something like 14-1 against us.. I can't stand this team.

Steelers for the superbowl count. Seahawks for division and head coach rivalry (). St Louis because they are an up and coming team in the division.

Or any team that wins the current superbowl..

For me it will ALWAYS be the Packers. Talk about a monkey on our back. We got a friggin gorilla here....

My prediction is that the tables will turn.. they will seem to have the best team and will be the most logical choice in the next few years, but with Harbaugh and our new team, we will "upset" them time and time again.. as we start our new dynasty.

Nobody on this site can say that they don't have good vibes about whats ahead....

Vote and thoughts..
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Cowboys and it's not close. f**k the cowgirls and anyone who supports them.
Cowboys. The Packers are not even on the same page. Without Favre I don't mind them
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
f**k the cowgirls and anyone who supports them.

That should be the subject of this thread. If you think otherwise, you must not have been a Niner fan for very long. We hate them and they hate us. The fact that they sucked too was the only good thing about this season. We'd better as hell make it back to the top before they do.
cowgirls
Cowboys cost us 3 sbs end of convo.
For me it is definitely the Cowboys.

Strange though... all the old team rivalries seem dead. Seems the only one going on currently is with the Cardinals.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Strange though... all the old team rivalries seem dead. Seems the only one going on currently is with the Cardinals.

And doesn't that just epitomize the sorry state of our once proud franchise. Time to right this ship.
Originally posted by gravelburn:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

And doesn't that just epitomize the sorry state of our once proud franchise. Time to right this ship.

I think it is more about the state of the NFL. That's parity for you. Seems most players don't really care that much about the team rivalries that once existed. It is to be expected when players move around so much.
Cowboys/Packers...both owned us in the 90s. In fact, I think the Packers knocked us outta the playoffs more times than the Cowboys.

We should have had one more SB in the 90s...but Favre demolished us. Looking back, the losses to the Packers hurt more.

• evil
  • Veteran
How the Cards and Raiders not included in the poll ? Talk about fail. One is a division rival the other is our Bay Area Rival. You can't start a thread about our #1 rival and exclude them for "any Superbowl winner" or the Steelers.
I hate the dirty Cardinals but yes the Cowboys def
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Cowboys and it's not close. f**k the cowgirls and anyone who supports them.

This! Also Squeelers and Packers close behind.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
How the Cards and Raiders not included in the poll ? Talk about fail. One is a division rival the other is our Bay Area Rival. You can't start a thread about our #1 rival and exclude them for "any Superbowl winner" or the Steelers.

Seriously.

That being said, it's the Dallas Jerruhs. I wish we could play them every year.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

I really don't feel the Raiders are our rivals since they are in the AFC.

I think the Raider fans try to make us their rivals, but I don't really see the point.

I would LOVE to see a Raider/49er superbowl though. Especially if we can recreate the Denver SB against them.
Share 49ersWebzone