LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 136 users in the forums

A Smiling Joe Montana Receive His 49ers HOF Jacket

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Joe looks genuinely happy to be there and seems to have a good rapport with Jed. Hopefully this means he's over 'the trade'.

Jed has the face of a fan in the presence of one of his boyhood heros. haha

Nice story. http://blog.49ers.com/2011/02/02/montana-stops-by-to-visit/

York then shared this story, a testament to Montana’s lasting legacy:

“I have one autograph in my office and it’s a football you signed for me probably 15 years ago, maybe 20 years ago, it says, ‘Keep up the family tradition.’”

Interesting, I can imagine Jed sitting there with the signed ball in his hand thinking about the next HC about going after Harbaugh and the WCO . . . . . then all the stars aligned and he knew what he had to go out and do.
Here's to hoping this is a sign of a reconnecting the energy, technique, and team cohesiveness that was the Niners in Joe's day, after the total BS of the last 8 years..

Seems that the JH hiring and Jed coming more of age are really starting to lift the veil of darkness that's been hung over our Niners for years..

Hope this kind-o-stuff continues on..
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
I love Joe for being the 49er, but if he was never a 49er I would think he was such a dick faced prick.

Great athlete, and he never was in trouble with the law, but for a law abiding citizen, not the nicest guy. I think he would charge a terminally ill kid for an autograph. He might not owe anyone anything, but google around, he has a habit of suing people and seems to squeeze every dime he can out of a situation. He probably charged Jed an appearance fee for excepting that jacket. I have an autographed Bubba Paris picture I wouldn't trade for anything Joe Montana signed.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I'm glad Jed is finally reconnecting the 49ers FO with some of the old greats.
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Here's to hoping this is a sign of a reconnecting the energy, technique, and team cohesiveness that was the Niners in Joe's day...

...Seems that the JH hiring and Jed coming more of age are really starting to lift the veil of darkness that's been hung over our Niners for years..

Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by Chief:
I love Joe for being the 49er, but if he was never a 49er I would think he was such a dick faced prick.

Great athlete, and he never was in trouble with the law, but for a law abiding citizen, not the nicest guy. I think he would charge a terminally ill kid for an autograph. He might not owe anyone anything, but google around, he has a habit of suing people and seems to squeeze every dime he can out of a situation. He probably charged Jed an appearance fee for excepting that jacket. I have an autographed Bubba Paris picture I wouldn't trade for anything Joe Montana signed.

He's making money so he doesn't go bankrupt: doesn't exactly make him a prick. I'm sure the NFL isn't helping much. Imagine yourself paying for or without any health insurance paying $150 for medicine you would only need to pay $20 for. Now imagine all the medical attention an ex football player needs with post career flare ups from old injuries, medical expenses for your family and many other things that cost a lot of money. They wouldnalso be dumb to keep cash over assets so even the well off ones probably don't have a lot of cash around.
lol @ people dissing Joe because he's not nice to every single damn person on this planet

shut the hell up bcus if it wasn't for him we wouldn't be s**t.
why are people dissing the greatest QB who ever played? Quit your b***hin. If you had to deal with all the media he had to deal with you'd be annoyed too.
Originally posted by baybreaker707:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Joe looks genuinely happy to be there and seems to have a good rapport with Jed. Hopefully this means he's over 'the trade'.

Jed has the face of a fan in the presence of one of his boyhood heros. haha

Nice story. http://blog.49ers.com/2011/02/02/montana-stops-by-to-visit/

Hey I have that same sweater Jed has on, and Joe is touching it!

Did you take it from someone else and put music to it?
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by TlSSER:
BOO joe montana is a STEELERS FAN!!!

You never "booo" the Greatest QB of All-Time.

well some genius on here thinks peyton manning is the best qb of all time....

really? you gotta be kidding me right?? right??

Joe is the rarest of all athletes that was a legend while still playing.
sign him

Who are you talking about?
  • evil
  • Veteran

Not sure who he is however that "genius" is entitled to his opinion whether you agree with it or not.
JOE'S THE MAN
Share 49ersWebzone