LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Harbaugh - "I believe that Alex Smith can be a winning QB"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by highwayone:
very accurate?
very durable?

Harbaugh, you're a beaut.

Yeah, reading that left me scratching my head. I still don't think that Smith is coming back.

-9fA
Originally posted by greywolf447:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I trust whatever decision Harbaugh makes.

This!

+1. I mean, I would need to die and ressucitate at least 100x times in other to know half of what Harbaugh knows when it comes to QBs.

If he wants Alex gone, I'm ok with that and if he wants him on the team, I'm ok with that as well.
Originally posted by Faceless:

No more alex smith threads.

this isnt an Alex thread, can you read? its about Harbaugh
8 TDs 1 INT in his last 6 games
90 qb rating without Jimmy Raye
No true #1 WR, young OL that I think will be better next year

Hes better than any other FA QB out there, and I (as well as Baalke) dont want a rookie to start.

Its either him or trade for a qb, but seriously are there any good QBs to trade for out their? Kevin Kolb has a 73 qb rating, hes no better than Alex.
Kyle Orton, id trade for him but Broncos are asking for a 2nd round pick, isnt that a little too much?

And the CBA issue might be a factor as well
Hes a f**king idiot if he keeps Alex Smith.
He's the coach
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I trust whatever decision Harbaugh makes.

Agreed

Many of the bashers, may have forgotten, but, Alex was drafted to play in Mike McCarthy's WCO. With Alex's ability, that is the case all over again.

[ Edited by ninerlifer on Jan 29, 2011 at 11:59:40 ]
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

Don't worry, this is all political BS.

He may have to keep him as a backup QB, but he knows Alex isn't the answer. What did Baalke say? That there's no QB on the roster.

I'll bet $10,000 Harbaugh is being politically correct here, knowing he may be stuck with Alex as a backup, or even short-term.

Baalke was the guy who told the real truth, Harbaugh would never say "this is my franchise QB!" Never gonna happen.

[ Edited by highwayone on Jan 29, 2011 at 11:59:29 ]
God hates the Niners.

On a serious note, I dont believe any of it. I think it's more likely that one of two or both are true:

a. Alex Smith is the best QB on our roster, IMO. If we can't upgrade because of the CBA or the way the draft falls I would want Alex back.

b. It's all a draft smoke screen to make us look like we aren't desperate for a QB.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jan 29, 2011 at 12:05:17 ]
2011 is dead! Sorry no playoffs Harbaugh just killed our playoff hopes!

[ Edited by fakers23 on Jan 29, 2011 at 12:00:29 ]

My guess is that he has looked at a whole lot of film and sees some things he likes. I doubt he is an idiot but feel reasonably assured he has a better grasp of the big picture of what has gone on with the Niners on and off the field than your average webzone poster (me included).

He may have to keep him as a backup QB, but he knows Alex isn't the answer. What did Baalke say? That there's no QB on the roster.

I'll bet $10,000 Harbaugh is being politically correct here, knowing he may be stuck with Alex as a backup, or even short-term.

Baalke was the guy who told the real truth, Harbaugh would never say "this is my franchise QB!" Never gonna happen.

That doesn't necessarily imply anything about Smith since Smith is an UFA.

-9fA

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Jan 29, 2011 at 12:02:23 ]
We are destine to never win again.
Harbaugh shows he's no better then Dingleberry!
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

That doesn't necessarily imply anything about Smith since Smith is an UFA.

-9fA

Hmmm, good point, but I highly doubt that's what he meant. It's most likely he meant there are no QB's including Alex.
Share 49ersWebzone