There are 374 users in the forums

Harbaugh - "I believe that Alex Smith can be a winning QB"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm sure if some of you saw this:

“So excited, yeah, I’m going to say it, I’ve been studying Alex Smith and watching him and I believe that Alex Smith can be a winning quarterback in the National Football League,” Harbaugh said. “I’m excited to work with him, get to know him.”

What are some of the qualities Harbaugh saw in Smith?

“Very accurate passer,” he said. “Very athletic. And a guy that has played and been durable.”

Harbaugh went on to say that he’s talked with Smith and other players about having a “clean slate” with the new coaching staff. And he also acknowledged that Smith might choose to get a completely fresh start with a new franchise after six turbulent seasons in San Francisco.

“Ultimately, he has to make a decision because he’s an unrestricted free agent right now,” Harbaugh said. “And what is his vision for himself? Does that include the San Francisco 49ers in that vision? And, like I said, we’re going to try to strengthen that position and get us to training camp in the best possible position we can be in.”

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/01/inside-the-49ers/harbaugh-i-believe-that-alex-smith-can-be-a-winning-qb/

Begin the overreaction now.

[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Jan 29, 2011 at 11:39:21 ]
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
bring on the s**tstorm...
coaches seem to start to like alex after they get to know his career and look at his film

norv myer now harbrough billick
I trust whatever decision Harbaugh makes.
If I'm GM of the Niners we retain Alex...he's better than any other FA out there at this point of their careers including McNubb and Palmar.
very accurate?
very durable?

Harbaugh, you're a beaut.
Originally posted by highwayone:
very accurate?
very durable?

Harbaugh, you're a beaut.

hes pretty accurate not on the short throws bur everything else and he is pretty durable hes had a beating his whole life and only 1 injury where every qb but big ben wouldve got injured

[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Jan 29, 2011 at 11:50:01 ]

No more alex smith threads.

Originally posted by BenQ:
bring on the s**tstorm...

championship
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
i think jim might be trolling us...
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

Absolutely perfect.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I trust whatever decision Harbaugh makes.

This!
I laughed my posterior off when I read this.

I can imagine the convulsions the Alex haters are going through right now. They are collectively ranting "That's not right! It is now clear that Harbaugh is a dummy. He obviously doesn't know anything about evaluating QBs like we do."

Poor H. His honeymoon is over with the haters.
Share 49ersWebzone