LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Favourite 9er Win (Non Playoffs)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Mine from the past decade, was the Dec '01 game vs. the Eagles where we had that beastly goal line stand, got called for a penalty and had to do another stand that ended up with an INT, i think Derek Smith got the INT. It was a low scoring game but damn that stand had me so jacked up!!!!!

Yup we pulled off the stand then Garcia hit Owens on a deep ball to seal the game.
Originally posted by facestabber:
Originally posted by turbo9er:
9ers. VS jets on MNF g. Burst 99 yard run in it OT FOR THE WIN...... man those were the days......

That wasnt a Monday night game and it wasnt 99 yards either. It was OT though

Correct! It was a Sunday afternoon game in '98, first game of the season actually & it was a 96-yard run.
1989 season, win at Philadelphia against their tough defense. Montana throws four touchdowns (five in the game) in the fourth quarter for a come from behind win after being tossed around like a rag doll all day. Classic comeback by Joe Montana and company.

Close second would be 1990 win against Atlanta. Montana throws six touchdowns (five to Jerry Rice) in a 45-35 win. Maybe their best regular season game together.

Ahhh, the good ole days.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by McRev14:
1989 win against the Rams in Anaheim for the NFC west. John Taylor's 2 catch and runs over 90 yards, classic

[video]null[/video] [video]null[/video]
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
9ers. VS jets on MNF g. Burst 99 yard run in it OT FOR THE WIN...... man those were the days......

Correct! It was a Sunday afternoon game in '98, first game of the season actually & it was a 96-yard run.

• ZRF80
Originally posted by highwayone:
didn't we just do this subject a couple months ago?

Yeah, that 95 ass kicking in Dallas was sweet. Elvis Grbac and Chicken Neck Hanks.

• BobS
  • Veteran
1989 late in the season against the Rams. 49ers score 3 straight TDS at the end of the game to beat the Rams 30-27. Had a mouthy Rams fan who kept calling me on the phone, calls stopped once the 49ers finally got rolling in the 4th quarter.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:

That's a good one. I also like the game in 94 or 95 against the Bills. The one where the Bills were down near the end zone and Gary Plummer forced a fumble by Derek Holmes and Lee Woodall took it all the way back for a TD.

I tried to find the video, but it's no where to be found.

If I remember right, I think that was our only TD of that game. Now THAT was a good defense.
T.O celebrates on Dallas Star nuff said.

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

too bad it wasn't a monday night game or 99 yards either

Yup. I think it was a 96 yarder in 1998, opening week. I remember watching this game during the day time so I'm guessing it was 4pm EST.

• Veteran
1987 vs the Browns, the build up for this game was unbelievable. No one gave us a chance for that Monday night game. Final: 38-24 Niners.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by highwayone:
didn't we just do this subject a couple months ago?

Yeah, that 95 ass kicking in Dallas was sweet. Elvis Grbac and Chicken Neck Hanks.

This was a great regular season win. We were 14.5 underdog going into Dallas. No one gave us a chance. Dallas players were trash talking cause they were so confident of kicking our collective tails. We ended up knocking out Aikman, blowing them out with pretty much a backup qb and a backup lineman(center?)

Very sweet. We pretty much owned them every time we played them from then on.
Originally posted by McRev14:
1989 win against the Rams in Anaheim for the NFC west. John Taylor's 2 catch and runs over 90 yards, classic

This is the one i remember the most. I was 11 at the time and i begged my mom to stay up for this game. I managed to watch the whole thing ( had school the next day, i live in the midwest).
I believe it was the first game of the 98 season when Hearst took it to he house for an overtime win over the jets.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:

See guys, even back in the day our defense had trouble stopping the scrubs . Glenn Foley, 415 yards passing
Share 49ersWebzone