There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Favourite 9er Win (Non Playoffs)

Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Mine from the past decade, was the Dec '01 game vs. the Eagles where we had that beastly goal line stand, got called for a penalty and had to do another stand that ended up with an INT, i think Derek Smith got the INT. It was a low scoring game but damn that stand had me so jacked up!!!!!

Yup we pulled off the stand then Garcia hit Owens on a deep ball to seal the game.
Originally posted by facestabber:
Originally posted by turbo9er:
9ers. VS jets on MNF g. Burst 99 yard run in it OT FOR THE WIN...... man those were the days......

That wasnt a Monday night game and it wasnt 99 yards either. It was OT though

Correct! It was a Sunday afternoon game in '98, first game of the season actually & it was a 96-yard run.
1989 season, win at Philadelphia against their tough defense. Montana throws four touchdowns (five in the game) in the fourth quarter for a come from behind win after being tossed around like a rag doll all day. Classic comeback by Joe Montana and company.

Close second would be 1990 win against Atlanta. Montana throws six touchdowns (five to Jerry Rice) in a 45-35 win. Maybe their best regular season game together.

Ahhh, the good ole days.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by McRev14:
1989 win against the Rams in Anaheim for the NFC west. John Taylor's 2 catch and runs over 90 yards, classic

[video]null[/video] [video]null[/video]
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
9ers. VS jets on MNF g. Burst 99 yard run in it OT FOR THE WIN...... man those were the days......

Correct! It was a Sunday afternoon game in '98, first game of the season actually & it was a 96-yard run.

• ZRF80
Originally posted by highwayone:
didn't we just do this subject a couple months ago?

Yeah, that 95 ass kicking in Dallas was sweet. Elvis Grbac and Chicken Neck Hanks.

• BobS
  • Veteran
1989 late in the season against the Rams. 49ers score 3 straight TDS at the end of the game to beat the Rams 30-27. Had a mouthy Rams fan who kept calling me on the phone, calls stopped once the 49ers finally got rolling in the 4th quarter.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:

That's a good one. I also like the game in 94 or 95 against the Bills. The one where the Bills were down near the end zone and Gary Plummer forced a fumble by Derek Holmes and Lee Woodall took it all the way back for a TD.

I tried to find the video, but it's no where to be found.

If I remember right, I think that was our only TD of that game. Now THAT was a good defense.
T.O celebrates on Dallas Star nuff said.

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

too bad it wasn't a monday night game or 99 yards either

Yup. I think it was a 96 yarder in 1998, opening week. I remember watching this game during the day time so I'm guessing it was 4pm EST.
1987 vs the Browns, the build up for this game was unbelievable. No one gave us a chance for that Monday night game. Final: 38-24 Niners.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by highwayone:
didn't we just do this subject a couple months ago?

Yeah, that 95 ass kicking in Dallas was sweet. Elvis Grbac and Chicken Neck Hanks.

This was a great regular season win. We were 14.5 underdog going into Dallas. No one gave us a chance. Dallas players were trash talking cause they were so confident of kicking our collective tails. We ended up knocking out Aikman, blowing them out with pretty much a backup qb and a backup lineman(center?)

Very sweet. We pretty much owned them every time we played them from then on.
Originally posted by McRev14:
1989 win against the Rams in Anaheim for the NFC west. John Taylor's 2 catch and runs over 90 yards, classic

This is the one i remember the most. I was 11 at the time and i begged my mom to stay up for this game. I managed to watch the whole thing ( had school the next day, i live in the midwest).
I believe it was the first game of the 98 season when Hearst took it to he house for an overtime win over the jets.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:

See guys, even back in the day our defense had trouble stopping the scrubs . Glenn Foley, 415 yards passing