LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 139 users in the forums

Favourite 9er Win (Non Playoffs)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
To many to mention, but most of them are a long time ago.
Originally posted by highwayone:
didn't we just do this subject a couple months ago?

Yeah, that 95 ass kicking in Dallas was sweet. Elvis Grbac and Chicken Neck Hanks.

^^^^^^^
JT's two 90+ yard TD's in Anaheim to clinch the west on the way to back-to-back Lombardi's.
Originally posted by turbo9er:
9ers. VS jets on MNF g. Burst 99 yard run in it OT FOR THE WIN...... man those were the days......

too bad it wasn't a monday night game or 99 yards either
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
9ers. VS jets on MNF g. Burst 99 yard run in it OT FOR THE WIN...... man those were the days......

too bad it wasn't a monday night game or 99 yards either

yup phail
Any against dal atl ariz or sea. But recently sf vs ariz where we killed the cards last year with warner 8 turnovers......i was at that game. A close second was chi at sf last year where cutler threw 5 picks....the worst qb at throwing ints since grossman and my twin bro is a bears fan
Originally posted by Bahamian49er:
Tried to look up date, couldn't find it. 49ers vs. Giants on a Monday night, Montana vs. Simms. 9ers win 7-3.

It was 1990 and both teams had 10-1 records going into that game. I remember Lott having a great game.

Some of my other favorities include the Monday Night game where Montana threw those two 80+ yard touchdowns to Taylor late to come back against the Rams and that huge second half Montana had against the Eagles (89?) to bring the Niners back in that one as well. I think he threw for four touchdowns in the half after the Eagles had jumped out to a pretty good lead.

Actually, for those of us who were around for those years there is almost too many great games to choose from. I remember the Niners beating the Steelers and Cowboys in 81 and starting to believe that they might actually be pretty good.

Bump
I going to vote for the 1994 reg season game against Dallas. IMO if we dont beat em then, we may half self destructed and more than likely not beat em in the playoffs. Our team had to overcome a huge mental hurdle against Dallas after being knocked out of back to back NFC championships.
Right,,,Sunday opener game 49ers vs Jets. Hearst 96 yard run in OT. Considered and voted to be the #1 rushing play of all time.

My favorite moment,,,,,although I believe it was a playoff game, 49ers vs Giants at Giants stadium. TO gets a touchdown and celebrates (go figure), but still way behind in points. TV camera picks up Strahan mocking TO and pointing to the scoreboard. But we all know what happened later in that game. Sports Illustrated should have made that the centerfold. Left page picture of Strahan pointing to scoreboard for Owens, right page showing the scoreboard at the end of game and title it "what a difference 5 minutes can make".

[ Edited by JimA49ers on Feb 1, 2011 at 06:46:06 ]

It was a playoff game and I believe it was in sf. Most memorable for me would be mnf, first game of the year I think, against the raiders when rice got 3 tds to break largents td record. I think it was also the game where napoleon mccallum had that gruesome leg break that ended his career.
When we raped the Steelers in 03 with Rat-atat on Monday Night! Another favorite is when we knocked out Denver from the playoffs in 06.
Mine from the past decade, was the Dec '01 game vs. the Eagles where we had that beastly goal line stand, got called for a penalty and had to do another stand that ended up with an INT, i think Derek Smith got the INT. It was a low scoring game but damn that stand had me so jacked up!!!!!
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Right,,,Sunday opener game 49ers vs Jets. Hearts 98 yard run in OT. Considered and voted to be the #1 rushing play of all time.

My favorite moment,,,,,although I believe it was a playoff game, 49ers vs Giants at Giants stadium. TO gets a touchdown and celebrates (go figure), but still way behind in points. TV camera picks up Strahan mocking TO and pointing to the scoreboard. But we all know what happened later in that game. Sports Illustrated should have made that the centerfold. Left page picture of Strahan pointing to scoreboard for Owens, right page showing the scoreboard at the end of game and title it "what a difference 5 minutes can make".

1989 win against the Rams in Anaheim for the NFC west. John Taylor's 2 catch and runs over 90 yards, classic
Share 49ersWebzone