LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

Any questions for Baalke??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Please ask him if at the end of the draft and FA process he and Harbaugh will be comfortable with our QB situation and why or why not.
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Actually, I have a good one. Granted he likely won't answer this, but I want to know why they chose Alex over Aaron. Who did he want? Did he know Aaron would be this good? What did they miss in Alex, what did they see in Alex? etc. Just want to understand where he stands as a QB evaluator

Alex 6'4" and more athletic.

Rodgers 6'1 1/2" and less athletic.

Neither had ever taken an NFL snap. Pretty simple really.

TY i dido that response.

+2
Actually, I have a good one. Granted he likely won't answer this, but I want to know why they chose Alex over Aaron. Who did he want? Did he know Aaron would be this good? What did they miss in Alex, what did they see in Alex? etc. Just want to understand where he stands as a QB evaluator

Thing is Had A Rodger come to the Niners and A Smith to the Pack I wonder how many people would have been Like What Idiots in the FO Why didnt they take A Smith.

Why do I say this You think the Niners his rookie season were bad because of Alex? If you say No then you cant really blame him but you say yes I ask you who QBing would have made the team work...A Rodger would spend his whole season running for his life as well. One reason A Rodgers is as good as he is is he got to actually sit and learn the offense did NOT get thrown in the fire after T Rattay got Killed. 2 is when A Rodgers started as QB he had receivers like Jennings and Driver who did A Smith have as receivers? B Lloyd and who else? a Broken down E Johnson at TE. And too boot he had K Barlow as his featured back til Nolan Duped the Jets into trading for him. Ohhh and lets not forget to mention the line A Smith played behind had more holes than Swiss cheese.

Hey Alex Welcome to the NFL errr you're worst Nightmare. People need to see there are circumstances that are beyond a persons control. I dont know that A Rodgers would have been much better I DO know is he has a MUCH better team around him as supporting cast than A Smith ever did.
Originally posted by SashRoxx-1:

Thing is Had A Rodger come to the Niners and A Smith to the Pack I wonder how many people would have been Like What Idiots in the FO Why didnt they take A Smith.

Why do I say this You think the Niners his rookie season were bad because of Alex? If you say No then you cant really blame him but you say yes I ask you who QBing would have made the team work...A Rodger would spend his whole season running for his life as well. One reason A Rodgers is as good as he is is he got to actually sit and learn the offense did NOT get thrown in the fire after T Rattay got Killed. 2 is when A Rodgers started as QB he had receivers like Jennings and Driver who did A Smith have as receivers? B Lloyd and who else? a Broken down E Johnson at TE. And too boot he had K Barlow as his featured back til Nolan Duped the Jets into trading for him. Ohhh and lets not forget to mention the line A Smith played behind had more holes than Swiss cheese.

Hey Alex Welcome to the NFL errr you're worst Nightmare. People need to see there are circumstances that are beyond a persons control. I dont know that A Rodgers would have been much better I DO know is he has a MUCH better team around him as supporting cast than A Smith ever did.

Lousy team or great team, doesn't matter . One of these two QBs can hit an open receiver and the other one can't. One TD in Smiths rookie year while starting a majority of games? Druckenmiller matched that in one start. Yes the team sucked when Smith was a rookie, but he did nothing to elevate the team either. Smith in- team looks ineffective, Hill plays and suddenly the team looks a little brighter. Rodgers has it, Smith doesn't. Of course this is only my opinion.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:

Alex 6'4" and more athletic.

Rodgers 6'1 1/2" and less athletic.

Neither had ever taken an NFL snap. Pretty simple really.

TY i dido that response.

+2

I agree that's probably the criteria McGlouhan used. That's why we ended up with a bust
My question...

Did the franchise learn anything from the Alex Smith situation? What are the chances when the next "QB of the Future" comes around the team will bring in a veteran to hold the reigns for a couple of years and groom the young guy?
Why didn't he bring Harbuagh?...

Thanks filthyrich49er, for the thread. Based on your handle, you must be Jed York, and we appreciate you coming to our forum.
Are they looking at any QBs in FA? Or trade?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ask him how "Cousin Larry" is doing.

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Ask him about the Senior Advisor/Tom Gamble's promotion. I could care less about Smith/draft/FA. You all have 4 months to ask those questions.
Ask him this; "As fans we usually don't have a lot of patience, what is a fair time line for us as fans to see the 49ers make it to the playoffs?"
Ask him to explain to the webzone that the Organization doesn't base their decisions on our b*tching and moaning. Also, ask him why his voice sounds so creepy.
ask him y it always sounds like he has flem in his throat? It drives me nuts. Tell him just to hock it up already.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Ask him to explain to the webzone that the Organization doesn't base their decisions on our b*tching and moaning. Also, ask him why his voice sounds so creepy.

I think when he was little he was the kid Dominic in Kindergarten Cop.
Share 49ersWebzone