LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Since the 90's, who was the best kicker we have had?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Since the 90's, who was the best kicker we have had?

I think Joe Nedney has been SUPER reliable for us and I have confidence he can hit from 45+ yards consistently. Unfortunately, I think he's only got a year or two left. It's hard to tell with kickers though.

Jeff Wilikins, Gary Anderson, and Joe Nedney have been our best three though. It's tough to say with Wilkins because we only had him for a little while. Anderson was very consistent, but I never had much faith in anything more than 40 yards.
notice their first names are all 4 letters cept for Joe Nedney
Joooooooooooe!
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
notice their first names are all 4 letters cept for Joe Nedney

and ricky and shane
Honestly, I really think the best kicker ever in a 49er uniform was non other than Ray Wersching, completely better than any of those guys you've posted!!! Just my opinion...
[ Edited by Quitugua on Jan 22, 2011 at 5:10 PM ]
Wilkins was a damn good kicker but only with us a couple years. I would have to go with Joe Nedney due to his # of years with us.

I can't believe nobody is dogging Doug Brien or Jeff Chandler. I believe we spent 3rd round picks on both of these kickers. At least Cortez, Pochman and some of the other scrubs were just picked up off the street. .
Nedney and it's not close. I don't understand the point of listing guys like pochman, schmitt, andrus, etc.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Easily Nedney.
Share 49ersWebzone